trying not to whine, but who stalls at 9 days post op????

stacezoe
on 9/8/11 11:29 am
Okay so the first 9 days I lost 15 lbs, day 10 I gain one and now today day 15 i GAINED another pound! WTF!?!?!?!?!

I know don't be discouraged and all that and I really was keeping my good attitude the last 6 days as the scale said the same thing over and over and over and over, but then instead of finally breaking it goes up another lb! How the F do you gain wait drinking everything except he one scrambled egg I eat for like an hour in the morning?????????????

Please tell me someone else had this happen and went on to lose good, because of course my inner doubt is saying...give it up tubby you'll never lose weight, this is just the most invasive expensive failure to date.....

I know I know keep possitive, but for cripes sake this is suposed to be the phase where I lose the most and I'm MO FO GAINING!!!!!!
 Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
Ashley O.
on 9/8/11 11:33 am
*raises hand* me.

haha. I did too.. i was in the hospital 3 days including the day i had surgery. i gained 6 pounds there and lost them while i was there. but after that, i lost about 9 pounds.. in the 4 days after i got home.. since then? nothing. 6 days out from surgery i lost 9 pounds. and i'm 3 weeks out, still nothing. ive lost 2 pounds the past 2 days, which is the first weight loss ive had since the 9 i lost right after surgery.

the '3 week stall' doesnt always happen 3 weeks out from surgery.. i was kinda freaking out, wondering abou****er retention and stuff but my doctors reassured me its okay and well here i am and i just lost 2 pounds. i'm praying itll continue.

dont weigh yoruself more than once or twice a week.. you'll drive yourself insane.. the first two weeks i drove myself insane weighing a few times a day.. this past week things have been better cause i'm not obessing over it.

just follow your surgeons plan and it'll continue, eventually.

good luck(:

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

stacezoe
on 9/8/11 11:43 am
I know I shouldn't weigh every day but...I CAN'T STOP!!!!!!!!

Its that stupid shadow of doubt...I tried and tried not to post a whining post about not losing I really did, but when I gained again I was just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo disapointed!
Seldern
on 9/8/11 11:51 am - Belmont , NC
I stay positive by looking at everyone's long term weight loss 3-6 months out. We ARE gonna loose the weight. It's inevitable. Stay positive.
SARAH VSG 8-29-2011

smkeller
on 9/8/11 11:55 am, edited 9/8/11 12:05 pm
This is normal. It was explained on another board by a doctor, and goes something like this. We don't lose ordinary fat when we begin to lose weight; we lose a specific kind of fat that is about 4/5's water. We only have so much of that to lose at any given time - that was your first week's loss  - before the body had to make more of it. That is when you gained a pound or two or three, from the water that the fat needs. Then your body loses that fa****er, makes more (stall/gain), then loses more... etc, etc,

Not to worry, very natural.
(deactivated member)
on 9/8/11 11:59 am
Almost everyone!
Seriously, look back just a page or so.. I just bumped this earlier in the evening (they won't let us make stickey posts or else it'd be on the first page all the time.) It is the single most posted question. I think it comes up at least 3x day.. 

Relax, it's water. You're fine. Nothing's broken! Keep doing what you're doing and you'll be fine!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4432045/Attention-New- ops-About-that-first-quotstallquot-gt/
Happy966
on 9/8/11 12:09 pm

When I weigh, I always tell myself it is a "Science Experiment."  Seriously - I say those words.  It helps me not get so invested in the outcome, and to look at it as interesting data (okay, I am an engineer). 

I have no control over what I weigh.  I only control what goes in my mouth and how much I move my body.  The rest is out of my hands.   

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

stacezoe
on 9/8/11 12:10 pm
Thanks guys! I know everyone stalls and I was fully expecting it at 3 weeks, 9 days just flored me. Its sooooooooooo hard to imagine gaining weight on such little amounts of calories compared to how many I ate pre-op, well I guess not really all that recently but still, hard to imagine gaining a lb when I haven't put a lb in! LOL

I am going to follow my plan my surgeon gave me (not my mentally challenged NUT who advised not to drink protein shakes) I am committed as committed can be to making the best use of my tool, just couldn't fight the disapointed feeling and had to post!

I love this board and that there is always someone there encouraging us newbies as we get our sea legs or shall I say "sleeve legs"

Thanks again guys your all the best! :)
(deactivated member)
on 9/8/11 12:26 pm
Don't sweat the scale too much. I gain frequently, then I lose for a little while.. and sometimes I hold steady for days upon days! Makes no matter that I stick to plan day in & day out, the body is funny that way.. If you can get to the point that you note it, go "hmmm" and go about your business as usual - you will have a lot less stress during the process!

Steph4575
on 9/8/11 12:17 pm - TX
Lots of people stall out. It doesn't matter if it happens at 9 days, or 9 weeks. Your body is getting used to everything that is new, and everyone is different. You will be fine, just keep doing everything right, and you will notice a huge difference. I've been on a stall for the last week and a half, but I've been losing inches, so I know I'm headed in the right direction! =) Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 115 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 341 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 393 views