Surgery update

b_scene33
on 9/12/11 1:26 am - OH
I'm home, this is day 5 since surgery! I was sleeved last wed. 9/7, i was just wondering, how man people are still in a decent amnt of pain with walking. I've been walking like crazy since day 1, but im still struggling with lots of gas and soreness getting up form a chair, bed, car, etc. I know everyone is different with healing but anyone else still this sore a little under a week out?
I feel like im doing good, i did well on protiens yesterday but not so much getting in all my liquids! I'm also had a hiatal (i know i spelt that incorrectly) repair and  some othr gall bladder muscle repair- unsure what this is exactly, I was pretty loopy when  they told me.
Btw, down 5.6 lbs since weighing in on surgery morning, and i didnt have any weight gain int he hospital.
Sometimes its funny I forget for a little bit it's done and im on my way down!

♫♫♪♪♫Brie♫♫♪♪♫
*H:5'4" HW: 242 SW: 218.8 CW:142  GW:142*
Surgery Date 9/07/11

kanga003
on 9/12/11 2:16 am
Sorry your still sore.  I was only sore when I was moving from sitting to standing or something like that by day 5... walking was okay.  I didn't have any gas pain, I was lucky!  I'm sure each day will get a bit better!!!  Welcome to the bench!
(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 4:11 am - Huntington, WV
I see we are band sisters, I had my surgery 9-7 as well, The first night and second day were the worst for me. I have been very fortunate to just have a little soreness when moving around, not any gas pain and just weakness when I overdo it a little. It seems like you had a little more work done though, so that could be the cause for your prolonged pain. I hope that things get better real soon for you, ever need an hear just holla!
Mrsk2011
on 9/12/11 9:32 am
Im 2 weeks out today and i remember on day 5 i was still very sore getting up and down and let me tell u that gas was a biotch..omg the worst pain ever but it will pass and get better..i kept telling myself as the vets say
"each day gets better" without this site i dont know what i would of done..hope u feel better soon..

b_scene33
on 9/12/11 10:00 am - OH
Thanks guys, I figured ti was normal, but I see all these posts from people ou t3-4 days saying they feel great nd are ready for work!!! I'm not in terrible condition, ive been lucky and very active, but am definatly not ready for work yet!!!
Thanks for the support

♫♫♪♪♫Brie♫♫♪♪♫
*H:5'4" HW: 242 SW: 218.8 CW:142  GW:142*
Surgery Date 9/07/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views