The Best Greek Yogurt

CoolBeans
on 9/12/11 12:52 pm - MD
 So looking for more protein and trying to reduce the number of protein powders/shakes I have to have on a daily basis I have become a recent convert to Greek Yogurt. I don't think I had ever even tried it pre-surgery. I tend not to be a huge yogurt fan anyway, but I have been finding some ways to use the Greek stuff and I like it for the ability to add creamy texture to some favorites while at the same time also give that protein kick. 

So I came across this article tonight rating the different brands and thought I would share: 
www.kitchendaily.com/2011/09/09/the-best-plain-greek-yogurt-our-taste-test-results/

The number 1 is the brand I have been buying. So maybe I should stick to it. What do you think? 

Cari    
USAF Wife
on 9/12/11 1:05 pm
Fage, Oikos, and Chobani are my faves. I've bought the dannon brand out of necessity, and only used it in an appetizer as a sour cream substitute (as I do with the others). The dannon was fine, couldn't tell a difference once it was heated, and added to the pepperoni dip I prepared.

Fage and Stonyfield Oikos are my top 2 for cooking, baking, sour cream substitutes. Chobani for dessert mixes I make.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Elaine2
on 9/12/11 1:05 pm, edited 9/12/11 1:06 pm - Atlanta, GA
I think you made a good choice. I happen to like the Fage 0% but that's just my personal taste.
I think the plain Greek yogurt is so versatile.

Pre op,  I used to love the Chobani with pineapple. No more!!! I think it has more carbs than I eat in a day now!

koshermama
on 9/12/11 1:45 pm
Chobani pomegranate is my fave, although I'm getting sick of yogurt in general.

HW 310, SW 307, CW 259, LW 7.5, Goal 150

Shalom aleichem! Join us...  Keeping Kosher After WLS    
LabMomma
on 9/12/11 2:29 pm
VSG on 09/27/10 with
YES!!!! I have tried at least 6-7 Greek yogurts and Fage 2% is absolutely THE BEST!  I eat it pretty much every day. Lots of them are terribly sour & I really like tart things.

Happy966
on 9/12/11 11:03 pm

I have to second that!!  Fage 2% rocks my yogurt world!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Most Active