Why wont the scale frickin move!!!???

C. Champion
on 9/15/11 12:43 am - Minneapolis, MN
I have been stuck at 277 since the end of week 2 post op. I am now half way through week 4 post op. How can I get the scale to start moving again? Has anyone else had a long stall so soon, I thought they only lasted about a week?
If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you've always got!
Highest Wt 344, Starting Wt 311, Surgery Wt 298, 1st Goal Wt 200.     

SweetiePea
on 9/15/11 1:20 am - IA

Be patient. Your body is making adjustments to your rapid weight loss. Everyone's stall/pause varies. I've had two major stalls since my surgery which the last  one was almost 6 weeks long but the weight was well worth it. It's not a race...just have faith. Your doing great!

Height - 4'10"

C. Champion
on 9/15/11 1:32 am - Minneapolis, MN
Thank you, im just getting really frustrated!
If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you've always got!
Highest Wt 344, Starting Wt 311, Surgery Wt 298, 1st Goal Wt 200.     

stacezoe
on 9/15/11 1:47 am

OMG! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I stalled at day 9 and was at 15lbs, i've been losing and gaining the same 2 lbs ever since and today is day 22! i'm beyond frustrated, especially when people are posting onemonth updates of 25,30,40 even 50 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can only hear be patient so many times... hard to fathom not losing while eating 400-500 calories a day and zero carbs!

Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
(deactivated member)
on 9/15/11 2:38 am - TX
I feel your pain.  I stalled at day 14..have been stuck at the same weight now for 8 days.  I also walk 2 miles almost EVERY night..just cannot fathom that my portion sizes/foods/and walking are not helping the scale move.  I am trying to be patient though!
Jasonm11
on 9/15/11 2:57 am
If you pick it up and shake it, it'll move Just playing....frustrating I know...especially when the 3 week stall gets drug out for a few weeks it self....re-evaluate just to make sure you are following your plan. Make sure you log every bite that goes in your mouth at this point. Once you confirm you are doing everything right, try increasing your water intake and transition into exercise as you can...slowly as you are still helaing....and soon enough you will see a scale movement....for the meantime, my usual recommedation....get rid of your scale for a week or two

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
CoolBeans
on 9/15/11 3:21 am - MD
I can totally related to your frustration. I am 6 weeks out today and at 276.5 today. Since the 3rd week stall the scale seems to be moving down at a snails pace. I have lost maybe 1.5 since that third week. I sure hope the pace increases. I keep reading about the 3rd week stall and I know it can stretch out for people, but boy it is ANNOYING (esp since right after surgery my weight went up with the IV fluids). I know I am staying on plan bc I log everything in MyFitnessPal. Another frustrating thing about this point where my body seems to be stuck is that it is very close to where I had a stall a few years back after losing 75#s. That stall was so long it was the death nell for my very best effort of losing weight through diet and exercise.  

Anyway, I am putting my faith in myself, my surgeon and his team, and the folks here who have been through this before and I am trying to enjoy the fact that I have lost 30 pounds now (including pre-surgery). 

Cari    
heatherdw
on 9/15/11 5:56 am
I had a stall around the same time and then ended up losing almost a pound a day for a week and a half.  Now I lose about 2 to 4 pounds a week, usually 2.  I sucks, but your body is in shock and needs time to 'let go' of old habits... don't we all?!
Heather, SAHM to 2 (ages 3 and 7), Student

injeneral
on 9/15/11 9:34 am
I stalled at 5 days out for 2 weeks. Just recently began losing again. It's normal, albeit frustrating!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers                        
HT: 5'3"      HW: 240     GW: 130     AGE: 30     PCOSer; diagnosed 2003
Month 1:  -21.2 (218.8)   Month 2: -10 (208.8)   Month 3: -10.6 (198.2)   Month 4: -8.6 (189.6)
First goal (to be under 200): Nov. 11; 199.2
Second goal: weigh less than my husband (174):

I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings. — Mary Oliver

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/11 10:30 am - Canada
I completely feel your pain!  I have been stalled since 2.5 weeks post-op and I am now 8 weeks out.  A 5.5 week stall is driving me insane, seriously.  I am so beyond frustrated and have probably been driving the nutritionist crazy but she keeps reassuring me I am doing everything right, but when the scale doesn't move for that long, it's hard not to feel discouraged and feel like you're failing. 

Here's what I'm doing but somehow it isn't working for me:
600-800 calories
80-100 grams of protein
64 oz min of water
30-40 grams of carbs
less than 20 grams of fat
all supplements taken faithfully
excercise is limited due to severe osteo-arthritis

I don't even know what to do anymore...but I guess all I can do is stay on plan and hope that at some point it works.

Oh please let this stall be over already!  May all our stalls be short lived!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views