4 months out and a little nervous...

JennDee
on 9/16/11 12:39 am
Hi kiddos, I haven't been posting much lately. I am now a few days over 4 mths out. I have lost 68 pounds so far. I feel good and am very happy thus far.
I have noticed that I can eat much more than usual lately. It frightens me. I was wondering if some of you who are a few months out can give me an idea of how much food you can eat at one meal. Can you eat a whole piece of pizza? Can you eat a piece of cake? . Yesterday without thinking at work with the girls I almost ate a whole bag of popcorn!!
My problem is I am a grazer. I eat and feel hungry soon after. Any carb is a slider. Any advice to stay fuller longer?
I have to get back to basics of cal counting and food journaling. Sometimes I feel like I didn't even have surgery but then I remember how much i USED to eat. I am scared of stretching my sleeve.... :(
Thanks for your help in advance,
Jennie

Jennie D.  

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly".

"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got."

Dawnie 88
on 9/16/11 12:46 am
well you didn't say how much you eat when you eat mainly your protein..like chicken breast.  How much of that makes you satisfied?  Popcorn is a major slider food..i could eat alot of that also..and my restriction is great..i can only eat 2oz of boneless chicken breast.

skylark2011
on 9/16/11 12:59 am
Im not yet 4 months out, but I can vouch for popcorn being a major slider food!  Just had some the other day for the first time and ate 2/3rds of the bag. Danger!!  Just ate 2oz of steak and it was really satisfying, though I sometimes go up to 2.6 of less dense meats.  Be careful with those empty carbs their tricksy!

HW: 351 SW: 344.5   5'10"  

PluggingAlong
on 9/16/11 1:02 am
 I'm highjacking this post to tell you that your recent post where you put the pictures of you getting to go out next to your before pic was AWESOME! I have always looked for your posts (even when I was a serious lurker!) You are living life with your sleeve/tool and that is all we can all hope to be doing as we get further out from our surgery. ROCK ON!

Consult Weight-323 / SW- 312 / CW-173/ GW-155
Starting BMI: 65.2 Current BMI: 34.9

Dawnie 88
on 9/16/11 2:28 am
thank you so much!! So kind of you to say..and yes..I am out living life now..and it's awesome!!

PluggingAlong
on 9/16/11 12:59 am
 I'm 10 months out. I don't know if I can eat a piece of pizza or a piece of cake. I haven't tried. I have had some popcorn in the last few months but I measure out a cup and that's that as a snack. I could probably eat the whole bag too! If you want to stay fuller longer stay away from the empty carbs. 3-4 oz of dense protein (and sometimes less) is what I eat for "meals" and 2-3 ozs if I want some veggies or salad with it. You need protein to keep you satisfied and fuller longer. I always start the day with an egg and coffee with 1/2 and 1/2 and I'm good until lunchtime. Try having tuna or salmon salad with cucumbers (or cheese crisps - I just made a bunch for lunch!) or greek yogurt with 1/2 smashed banana. I save us tons of money because I eat dinner leftovers for lunch most days. Today I will have a small salad with leftover steak for lunch. Carbs MAKE you hungry too so if you stay away from them you will find your need for greezing seriously curbed. Im sure other people have more ideas too but that's what Ive got so far.

GOOD LUCK!

Consult Weight-323 / SW- 312 / CW-173/ GW-155
Starting BMI: 65.2 Current BMI: 34.9

faylavi
on 9/16/11 1:29 am - Laurel, MD
Up your dense protein.  I get full (and frustrated) eating one peice of a chicken wing, but I can several cups of popcorn.

2 months ago, around the 5 month mark, I had an appetite surge.  It did not last long.  Now I have great restriction again.  Sadly I think I stall more with restriction than I did when my appetite increased.

Fay

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

ravenssummer
on 9/16/11 3:08 am - West Warwick, RI
Not to far off topic but has anyone tried putting parmigiana the shaker kind and garlic on your popcorn its good. I cant eat as much as I could with just regular popped popcorn because of the cheese I add to it makes a all little more dense.
HW 348 SW 329 CW 196  

Newme.1
on 9/16/11 11:26 am
 I too can eat too much popcorn, the only food I can eat as much as presleeved.  I have only had it twice for that reason.  My restriction is a little less than it was a month out but still real good.  If I follow the plan and eat my protien first I do *******ways have a protein shake for breakfast and a cup of coffiee.  I too need to get back to alot less carbs and I will pry do better and better restriction.  I am still happy of my decision and would not change it for the world.  Congrats on your weight loss.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views