Do you count carbs from your vitamins/supplements?

Jerilynk75
on 9/28/11 2:16 am - TX
I THOUGHT I had been doing pretty well on my carbs (

blakereimert
on 9/28/11 2:20 am - TX
I do not. I never even looked. I only take a Viactive that could have carbs. The rest are pills. I wouldnt stress over that. Why do you ask? What type of supplements are using that have carbs?

Jerilynk75
on 9/28/11 2:23 am, edited 9/28/11 6:21 am - TX

Hey!  OH ATE my original post! 

It was pretty detailed - but I was asking if you guys and gals count the carbs in your vitamins and supplements. 

I have been doing well (or so I thought) keeping my carbs below 20g per day.  I started adding the chewable multi and calcium to my 'tracking' yesterday and was shocked......that added 14g to my total for the day -- taking me up to 32g!

I was trying to see if I could pinpoint a reason for my weight gain at only 5 weeks out.  Not only did I stall almost two weeks ago -- I have GAINED 3.4lbs over that period of time! 

My liquids hover around 86-100oz per day - - and all of that is water or water with Mio drops.  I keep my carbs in the 15g to 20g range per day (of course, adding the vitamins and calcium to that equation takes me up to 29g to 34g per day.  My protein is almost always 100g on the nose...and I walk for an hour each day at between 2.5 to 3mph.

I am just trying to ensure good habits - and tracking accurately is one of 'em!

So - do you count your carbs in vitamins and nutrients, my OH friends?

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/11 2:29 am
When I was losing, I did count carbs from the vitamins and from any other source that went into my mouth.  I kept my carbs under 40.  What I did not see in your post, is how many calories you are eating a day.  I know some programs do not have people count their calories.  I think that is a mistake.  In the end, it really does come down to calories in, calories out.  If you are eating less then 800 cals a day, I would say, don't worry about the stall and just keep doing what you are doing, it will break and you will start losing again.  I had times when I did not lose for three weeks and then lost 7 lbs. in one week.  Just keep at it.
Jerilynk75
on 9/28/11 2:58 am - TX

My calories range from 600-650.  The highest I have managed to reach is 653 - and that was yesterday. 

I think my freak-out is because of the weight GAIN.  I think I would handle a long stall/correction a bit better if I wasn't putting the weight back on! 

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/11 3:39 am
Eating so few calories, you are not gaining fat, you are just storing water.  I know this seems horrid.  Really, I relate, I was there, but it will fall off of you like you wouldn't believe.  Just hang in there, your turn to smile is just around the corner.  When I stalled, I often would gain a few pounds just to watch then disappear and take a bunch of their friends with them.  I am speaking from experience, trust the process.  Give yourself a break and watch the scale amaze you in the next few days.  I am sending you a huge hug.  Please post about your amazing weight loss when it happens.  I can't wait to read it.  By the way, DON"T change anything or else you will break the stall earlier but lose less in the long run.  You are doing great! 
LynMac35
on 9/28/11 2:52 am
Yes.  I count all carbs from all sources veggies, cheese, beans, etc. (and calories from everything too).

Sounds like even if you count in the vitamins, you're doing great so far!  :)

HW 355/ Pre-Liquid Diet 324/DOS 311/Current 212/Goal 140
Jerilynk75
on 9/28/11 2:59 am - TX
Thanks - - maybe my scales are just screwing with me for all of those years of having a fat girl step on them!

edelu
on 9/28/11 3:07 am - los angeles, CA
Yes i count the carbs in my vitamins.  I got some calcium citrate chews that taste great but have 5 grms carbs so i just take one of those and take pills for my other 1000 grms. 
Jerilynk75
on 9/28/11 3:12 am - TX

Thanks for the heads-up.  I go back for my six-week nutrition class and followup on October 10th, and I plan on having quite a few questions for the nutritionist at that time. 

Originally, I believe we were told that we needed the chewable calcium because we weren't yet cleared for pills....and then we were told that we would ALWAYS have to have chewable multis and calcium...as well as sublingual B12. 

Of course, this is also the nut who told me "Don't obsess about the carbs...don't even count them."  I think I had a mild heart attack during that session - - because I had read enough from successful vets to know that keeping carbs under control is key - - especially for someone like me...a PCOSer!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views