The Thanksgiving Challenge??? Is it still on?

sarah092080
on 9/29/11 12:28 am - Cumming, GA
Hi All, last week there was a post for a Thanksgiving Challenge. I did not see the weekly progress updates on Monday. Did I miss it or did it get moved to a different check in day?

Anyway, I hope everyone that joined did well. I had a boring week with no weightloss, but hopefully that will turn around this week!!

Weightloss goal for this challenge: 7 pounds
Down: 0

kimbethin
on 9/29/11 1:17 am - CA
I was looking for something about that too!  It's still on in my head.  I lost about 1.5 after a week of struggling with TOM hunger.  I'm hoping to lose 15 by Thanksgiving, 30 by Christmas, about my 6 months surgiversary.  Check in on Monday?
putting one foot in front of the other...        
marytx3
on 9/29/11 4:23 am
Hi! I am glad to find you on here...I am in desparate need of some help from someone who had a sleeve around the same time you did...mine was done on 6/2/11 and I have lost a total of close to 50lbs. but very discouraged..have gone down 2 sizes.  Just feel like I should be doing better than I am..Do you ever drink wine? I am thinking this could be a factor for me and any suggestions about your carb intake or ANYTHING you might suggest would be greatly appreciated!! I really think 15lbs approx. was lost prior to surgery...
Also, how much are you exercising? I just need a "partner" to keep me motivated and going on the straight and narrow!!

Thanks!!
mary
kimbethin
on 9/29/11 5:08 am - CA
Hi Mary,
I don't drink at all, but I have on occaision had chocolate.  I need to get more on the ball too.  I keep carbs pretty low but I don't count them.  The only bread I eat is flour tortillas.  I had a hotdog with cheese on 1/2 of a 10 inch tortilla for dinner last night -I looked at the label- tere is 25 in a whole tortilla- I also use them for hamburgers.  I have a protein shake on the way to work, yougurt with protein powder morning snack.  3oz tuna with light mayo or turkey breast for lunch with a sf choc pudding, cheese stick or protein bar snack - dinners is ususally chicken breast or fish with veggies but when I want to go to fast food I do the hot dog or burger at home, sf popsicle or a few peanuts in the shell for snack.  That's my usual food.  I only drink water or crystal light.  Try to work out 5 times/week.  Usually a 3 mile walk away the pounds with 3 pound weights.  I also make pizza with fat free cheese and louis rich italian seasoned ground turkey and some red peppers all on a tortilla crust or chicken and red pepper quesedillas.  I think there are others that are much more strict and doing better than me, but I'm happy.  I do want to keep to my exercize goal better than I do- it's hard after 10 hour workdays.  I may try to double up on my 3 days off!  Contact me any time.  I'll try to help  We are just over 3 months out, I don't think we are doing so badly.  I'd like to be at 80 -90 pounds lost by Christmas.
Kim
putting one foot in front of the other...        
marytx3
on 9/29/11 5:28 am
Hi Kim,
Thanks for your prompt reply!! I really needed to hear this today...I also need to up the exercise and I need to stop any wine b/t now and Christmas..that is also my goal for that time..I truly think it will make a difference in how much I loose due to to the sugar.  I have not had any sweets (other than the wine) and don't even have an appetite for fast food, which makes me really happy, but that is a great idea about the flour tortilla.  Another thing that satisfies crackers for me is WASA CrispN Light..If you haven't tried it you may want to..3 slices are 60 calories and 16 carbs.  I enjoy spreading one slice w/ a wedge of laughing cow cheese.  I also eat low fat cottage cheese for protein at lunch or breakfast..the only protein drink I currently like is Atkins Advantage which only has 10 grams of protein so I need to find another source of protein powder..what do you use?  Thanks for the info. and I would like to exchange ideas...think it is fun to hear what others are doing.

Good luck reaching your goal and maybe together we can (WILL) do it!!!
mary
Valsdetermined2lose
on 9/29/11 1:45 am
Im sorry guys, i was the one who said to start the thread buit just been so busy i forgot. Ok look for the thread now :)
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views