OMG !!! Has anyone watched a video of a Sleeve surgery being done ?!?!?!

Rmoneygirl
on 9/29/11 1:27 pm - OH
If you don't have a week stomach it's interesting to say the least.  What a learning experince !!!  I get now though why you feel like a$$ afterwords now though :)

Yay 14 day away !!

Rmoneygirl
on 9/29/11 1:28 pm - OH
So if your nosey like me.......Beware if you have a weak stomach

http://www.kettering-sycamorewls.org/Procedures_sleeve.cfm

Valsdetermined2lose
on 9/29/11 1:33 pm
ive watched one done before and it's amazing what robots can do inside our body.
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

susanraywilliams
on 9/29/11 1:39 pm
Yes, my surgeon does videos of his surgeries and post on his web site. Very interesting. My surgery is on the 11th. Well, best wishes for you. I'm sure you feel the same as me anxious and excited!

Have a blessed one!

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William Duran

cabcab
on 9/29/11 1:45 pm
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I've watched a couple of them and it amazed me that they can tell what they are looking at and cutting out!  I definitely wouldn't want to be some new surgeon's guinea pig.
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

Carmelita
on 9/29/11 1:46 pm - Four Corners, NM
I watched a bunch pre-op  Imma sicko  I guess...I like to know what to expect even tho we never do ,-)
I can't believe how tuff it is for them surgeons to get up in that gastro-esopho area...where MAJORITY of LEAKS occur....makes sooo much sense to me!

Got quite a few REALLY GOOD VSG SURGICAL videos ++xrays, articles, studies on my
Bougie in VSG Blog
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/carmelita/blog/tag/bougie+ in+vsg/

Hang on to yer hat...pre-op jitters can get real INTENSE!!!   WALK WALK WALK!! TALK TALK TALK!! with yer #1 support only, here...WE NEVER CLOSE!!

See ya on the BIG LOSER'S BENCH....real soon ,-)
Fancy4684
on 9/29/11 1:51 pm
The day of my surgery my dr was talking about the procedure and I said I watched it on you tube . Him and the nurses cracked up. I asked to see the films of my sleeve after the surgery that was really cool ! I would ask to see that once ur up and walking around it was a great way for me to see how much my life changed
Carmelita
on 9/29/11 10:46 pm - Four Corners, NM

WOW...all I can say as I watched this video is WOW!  It is one of thee most detailed surgical VSG videos, dissection:prep  I have ever seen..and Ive seen MANY...thank you so much for sharing it with us!

I don't think this is a good video for a novice, or first VSG surgical video to view tho.  Needs to be one of thee last surgical videos a VSGr sees...lmao!!  Along the lines of ADVANCED VSG videos lol!

even tho it answers VITAL questions and is MAKING ME HAVE TO AMEND both my BOUGIES in VSG blog and my LEAKS and STRICTURES blog...dang it ;-)
n not so much corrective/errors on those blogs...as ADDED information that may be helpful to others that this video so clearly explains...

Added to Favorite of Favorites!  Thanks again R!  see ya on the losers bench real soon.

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/11 2:09 pm
Crystal M.
on 9/30/11 1:01 am - El Paso, TX
I watched a different video, 53 minutes in length, but not until AFTER my surgery. :-)
It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views