Tummy troubles

gapmom
on 9/30/11 2:26 pm - TX
 I am at day 16 post op and struggling with gas and tummy issues. I am trying to get a little more food in (soft) but it tends to upset my stomach and then I don't want to eat anything. I am taking gas x strips and that helps a little but overall it just feels yucky. Am managing to get 40 oz of fluids in and 40 grams of protein but am lethargic and need to get back to my normal self. Any suggestions or experienced sleevers out there? How long does this acid/gas issue last? Thanks.
Msmuland
on 9/30/11 2:36 pm
 It gets better I promise. I am still having acid issues though 5 months out and burping after eating a lil to much is def annoying. Just get the water down. Your going to feel lethargic cause your body is adjusting and your not getting as much as your used too. And being under surgery your body is still healing. All I can say is give it time and know everyday will get better and better. 

gapmom
on 9/30/11 3:44 pm - TX
 Thank you. I appreciate the encouraging words. I can certainly drink more. 
krystals
on 9/30/11 4:23 pm - TX
VSG on 07/15/11 with
Hi my suggestion would be to try doing liquids a little longer. It sounds like your tummy might not be able to tolerate soft foods yet. Also if your not on a ppi check with your doctor to get on one and that should help you a lot. Hope this helps

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 225 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 302 views