almost two years out and some thoughts for whoever cares

nolabean504
on 10/5/11 7:29 am - Metairie, LA
Well it has been almost two years and I noticed not many people are on here that long. I stop in occassionly.  Usually newbies wanting info or waiting on surgery dates and just trying to get through the insurance BS, etc and the recently sleeved.  I was one of them for quite some time until I got a windfall and screw it, paid for it myself.  Best thing I have ever done but still frustrating to say the least.  In the first ten months or so, I made it from 293lbs to 213lbs, I could not eat much and long for those days back.  I can eat practically anything without gaining much weight.  I have lost and gain the same 10lbs twice since then.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know don't eat the cookies, protein first, veggies and then carbs - sorry to say the mind wants what it wants but I do realize it now, before I didn't.  Nothing worse than being completely full and stressed out without being able to eat another bite and wondering what to do with myself.  I still go from being hungry and wanting to eat everything to wondering why I bother because bread and carbs are still a *****  I don't care though, I hated being 293, I mean hated it.  I didn't realize how much I hated it until I was not 293. 

So I lost a cool 80lbs, never would have done that without surgery, but I am now left with what everyone else has to do, but fortunately, easier - diet and exercise.   The dreaded D and E.  Count calories and workout, less calories in and more calories out - I have heard a million times, I know it like the back of my hand but Holy Mackeral it's a drag. 

Heres the thing, I really want to be under 200 by November 20 and I need some motivation so you guys have to bring it, please.  I am going to check everyday with the progress so I hope its not too bothersome and anyone who needs solid advice from a pro who still needs some work, bring that too. 

anninva
on 10/5/11 7:37 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
hey!  glad you're here!  always looking for people further out than i am!  here to support you as you get below 200!!!  you can do it b/c you know what to do -- okay, that's kind of bull**** b/c we all knew what to do with D and E before and didn't so much do it, but you seem to have it the most on the ball and motivated right now, so i just bet you can do it!

i've lost 75 lbs in 9 mos, hope to lose more, worry about how easy it is to eat "bad" foods!

so, i'm here if it'll help and you're helping me by being here!!!!!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

nolabean504
on 10/5/11 7:39 am - Metairie, LA
Yes indeed it's easy to eat bad foods, my big thing now is ice cream, why? I don't know.  BTW - I'm originally from Richmond.

jacreasy
on 10/5/11 11:37 am
VSG on 04/23/12
Richmond VA?  Me tooooo! :) Im here just waiting til sometime in Feb for my 6mo PCP thing to be over with, boy how I wish I were already sleeved!
injeneral
on 10/5/11 7:50 am
We talked about doing a Thanksgiving Challenge a couple weeks ago and we're supposed to check in on a post every Monday, but the one who started it keeps forgetting (or is too busy??) to make those posts every Monday.. Maybe someone else will step in. I suppose I could do it! Anyway, that might be something you want to join in on!! Set your own "I'm going to be ___ pounds by Thanksgiving" goal -- the holiday is Nov. 24 so not that far off your goal above!!

YOU CAN DO IT!
HT: 5'3"      HW: 240     GW: 130     AGE: 30     PCOSer; diagnosed 2003
Month 1:  -21.2 (218.8)   Month 2: -10 (208.8)   Month 3: -10.6 (198.2)   Month 4: -8.6 (189.6)
First goal (to be under 200): Nov. 11; 199.2
Second goal: weigh less than my husband (174):

I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings. — Mary Oliver

Ms Shell
on 10/5/11 10:14 am - Hawthorne, CA
If you tell me more about the Challenge I can post it on Monday.  I think I posted my stats the other day (not sure what day it was).

I'm here in front of a computer almost EVERY Monday so it shouldn't be a problem!!

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

heathermc44
on 10/5/11 1:38 pm - Bremerton, WA
I posted a thread Monday night for the Thanksgiving Day Challenge.  You can look for it. 

injeneral
on 10/6/11 1:58 am
Oh  cool!! I'm in and out of these boards every day and as quick as they move sometimes I must have missed it. I did go back and look (before I saw your reply) and didn't see it. Maybe I didn't go back far enough! Thanks for stepping in! Are you the one who originally started it? I can't remember who the original poster was.
HT: 5'3"      HW: 240     GW: 130     AGE: 30     PCOSer; diagnosed 2003
Month 1:  -21.2 (218.8)   Month 2: -10 (208.8)   Month 3: -10.6 (198.2)   Month 4: -8.6 (189.6)
First goal (to be under 200): Nov. 11; 199.2
Second goal: weigh less than my husband (174):

I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings. — Mary Oliver

Kristina M.
on 10/5/11 8:00 am - LA
Hi I am from Watson, Louisiana.   You can do this.  You have done so awesome.  Keep the good work up.  It sure was good hearing from you!!!!
Kristina Miller         
hollykim
on 10/5/11 8:01 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I remember you...almost 19 months out here and still trying to lose,too. you are gonna have to ditch the ice cream,no way around it,sorry to say. Try going back to basics,high protein ,non carby vegs,yeah,yeah,I know you know,but it is what works. it is what it is. Ary you still getting in over 64 zx of sf liquid a day? Drinking soda?

Get back to basics and you can get that extra 20 off pretty fast.

good luck,
Holly

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views