3 Days Porst Op- When do the cramps go away

denebbers
on 10/15/11 9:57 am - Townsend, MA
VSG on 10/13/11 with
Hey guys a few questions for those of you who have experienced this.

I have a bit of gas- trying to come out both way, but Dr Alvarez told me I will have random cramps. Did anybody else experience these too? Or am I getting them becuase maybe I'm drinking too much?

Also, I am 5'11 and big boned- always athletic use to lift and work out alot. I can't ever rememeber being under 195 lbs. How do I figure out my ideal weight?

I can't seem to drink more than one sip of water.. I have to wait like 5 or 7 minutes..otherwise i get a cramp or a painful swallow. Does this make sense?

Thanks

Deneb

roundater
on 10/15/11 10:28 am - Lincoln, NE
Sounds like something to check with your doc about. that. Those do not sound like random cramps if they come every time you sip water
Rich Sonderegger

mai1100
on 10/15/11 10:50 am

Hi,
I had the same pain. I am 2 weeks post op and it does go away. It felt like a sharp pain in my back. The only issue I have now it the burping. Good Luck.
Maisha

newme2011-2012
on 10/15/11 10:50 am
The book I have says take a sip wait 3-4 min. sip again and just keep doing that..
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Stormf1a
on 10/15/11 11:56 am - FL
Hi Deneb, I had the same painful feel right after drinking the first 2 days too and it was hard to explain it to others.  It really does get better everyday. You will still feel some weirdness sometimes after swallowing (I am 1 week out and it happens randomly), but not at all like the painful feel that you're having right now. I really think that its because the stomach is still so swollen right now. Hope it gets better for you soon.

denebbers
on 10/15/11 1:05 pm - Townsend, MA
VSG on 10/13/11 with
ahh thank goodness!! i thought i screwed something up
amanda D.
on 10/15/11 4:47 pm - Stayton, OR
I had them as well the first week or so, GasX strips will be your friend. I am a month out and don't use them near as often as my husband (who has NOT had surgery lol)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views