Is anyone getting their surgery done in Mexico?

monicav
on 10/17/11 6:32 am - UT
I will be getting my sleeve done in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. It is across the border from El Paso, Texas. I am getting a revision done which means I am switching from the Lapband to the sleeve. My doctors name is Jose Rodriguez and he is awesome! I had the lapband done with him two years ago and everything went smoothly. I am having my surgery done on November 5th!!! :)
photobia
on 10/17/11 6:45 am - NE
VSG on 01/11/12
I'm going to Dr. Aceves in Mexicali in January.

newme2011-2012
on 10/17/11 6:47 am
Going to Dr. Kelly in Tijuana Nov.10th.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Mashelle
on 10/17/11 7:45 am - WA
I am going to Dr Mario Almanza at Jeresulem Clinic in Tijuana October 20 in 3 days I am so excited.
~Mashelle~

monicav
on 10/17/11 10:30 am, edited 10/17/11 10:32 am - UT
Hello:

I read that you are going to Dr Almanza. I researched him and heard really bad things. I also saw his videos on Youtube and the place where he operates does not seem very clean at all. I also did not like that I cannot take anyone with me because there is no room for another person. Another thing that really concerned my was to hear that this doctor uses "black market" products and I believe it because sadly to say, I am from Mexico and people there do use black market stuff. He is also having a lawsuit against him. PLEASE research him before you go. When I called them and asked them to give me referral names and phone numbers for me to contact, they refused them to me. The doctor I am going to is in Ciudad Juarez. Doctor Jose Rodriguez is across the border from El Paso, TX. I went with him for my lapband and did a wonderful job and his staff is awesome and the hospital is a 5 star. I know that doctor almanza is very cheap but to me it is not worth paying such a cheap price and put my surgery in his hands. Of course, it is your choice and good luck either way! :)

Monica

soulsister
on 10/17/11 11:44 am - NY
Julie...it looks like I might be meeting you! My surgery is with dr. Kelly Nov. 8!
Dana
Mallary
on 10/17/11 2:23 pm - Canada
I'm going to Dr Aceves on November 15th :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views