I made my hubby hide the scale!!

Leslie P.
on 10/24/11 12:30 am - OH
Since having VSG, I have become OBSESSED with weighing myself. I would weigh several times a day. My mood fluctuated with the numbers on the scale. I haven't weighed myself since Thursday and I feel sooooo much better. I eat about the same thing everyday and follow a pretty intense workout schedule so I know I am on the right track! From now on, I will not obsess about the number, weigh myself once a month, and take measurements at the same time. I used to obsess about food, now I obsess about a scale and that is silly!

I guess the moral of the story is don't let the number on the scale determine the rest of your day/week!

SassyItalian
on 10/24/11 1:48 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
very smart move. weighing everyday, let alone several times a day can sabotage yourself mentally.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Rekeca
on 10/24/11 1:59 am - NC
That is so true. I need to hide my scale. Especially since I thought I was further along in weight loss than I am. My surgeons scale is 5 pounds more than my own. So I figured his scale was wrong, then today I went to my PCP's office and his scale is 5 pounds more than mine is. Its time to get a new scale. I was a little upset to know that i am not really in Onederland but 5 pounds a way. So now my mood is a little crazy right now, plus I am a very, very slow loser even when I've tried on my own. So I just need to relax, throw away the scale and enjoy the journey.

joeswife
on 10/24/11 2:08 am - CA
I made a promise to myself when I started this jouney, once a week weighing in and that's it! So far I have been able to stick to it, it's a long week, but I so understand what you mean about mood fluctuation due to the scale. That's what keeps me off of it! Good luck hun.

precious_diamond38
on 10/24/11 4:18 am - VA
I HAVE BEEN STANDING ON THAT SCALE EVERY DAY GOING NUTS TOO LOL... SO I TOLD MY DAUGHTER YESTERDAY TO HIDE IT AND I WILL WEIGH ONCE A WEEK ...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 313 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views