Feeling Great - 5 weeks out!!!

MNgrl2TX
on 10/24/11 6:29 am
VSG on 09/19/11 with
 I just felt like posting today that I FEEL GREAT!!  I am 5 weeks out from surgery, have already encountered 2 different solid weeks of no weight lose, and I have learned to work through it.  This year has been a great year!  Of course it has been filled with a few bad things too, like the pain from surgery, but that was to be expected and went away after about 3 weeks almost overnight!!  This year I have:

March 21st - Quit smoking cold turkey after many many years
May 1st - Started a new job
June - Hit my highest weight ever (I blame this on the quiting smoking, but I just really liked to eat!!)
July - My sister did the best thing ever in suggesting that I look into surgery (I hated the idea and how dare she tell me I need it, now I love her for it even more!)
Aug - Diagnosed with severe sleep apnea - Got on CPAP and slept awesome my very first night on it!!
Sept 9th: Insurance approval
Sept 18th: Last carbonated caffeine beverage for a very long time (also addicted to that!)
Sept 19th: Surgery day and the new me!!
Sept 24-30: First stall (my personal definition of stall :)
Oct 15: attended Texas State Fair and did not eat anything Fried!!  Didn't really eat much there but a pickle and a bit of a hotdog (no bun)
Oct 15-21: Second Stall
Today - I feel like I finally get this new tool I have....It has taken some trial and error, but 5 weeks out and my protein and fluids are great!
** Loving the fact that I was able to walk over 2 miles today at lunch.  My energy comes from the food I eat  and the exercise rather then caffeine!**  

I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!  And I FEEL GREAT!!  

33 yrs old - 5'8 - SW 305 - GW 165
                            MyFitnessPal: DuckyTX

newme2011-2012
on 10/24/11 6:37 am
Awesome!! Can't wait to be where you are....
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Paige V.
on 10/24/11 7:10 am - Gainesville, FL
rockin that sleeve!

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

scorp2413
on 10/24/11 8:25 am - orchard park, NY
Thank you for your post! I started my pre-op liquid diet today. I have to travel out of town for work during my 5th week and was nervous about it. Now I cautiously optimistic!

September14
on 10/25/11 2:07 am
Hi
I just wanted to reply to your post about travel, week 5 post-surgery.
I had to go to Chicago 2 days for work then 5 days to Mexico for a previously scheduled conference.
I was VERY NERVOUS about being able to do this - but I did great and lost 4 lbs during!
I brought Unjury protein packs with me for each day *in case I needed them* but endeavored to get all my protein in via food. I only needed the Unjury once.

I looked at the menus in advance for the hotels I was staying in as well as the restaurants I knew I'd be near. That helped pre-plan my days.

Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views