high blood pressure? not meee!

sourcherriex
on 10/26/11 10:47 am - CA
 I'm 2 weeks out. So today I went for my post-op follow-up with my primary. I haven't been taking my meds because I am having trouble keeping the liquid versions down and I am not allowed pills for another 2 weeks. Anyway, she checks my blood pressure and it's 110/73. I have a nurse coming to my house every day to re-pack my infected incision and she checks my blood pressure also. It has been similar every day for the last week. My dr says I don't need the meds, only take them if it goes back up but I am no longer required to take them regularly.

WOOHOO!
 ~Marisa~

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/11 10:50 am
Good for you! I hope to stop mine soon!
1london
on 10/26/11 10:57 am
That is awesome!!!!  Congratulations!!!!

jacreasy
on 10/26/11 11:23 am
VSG on 04/23/12
GrEaT jOb....  HoPe tO bE tHeRe SoOnEr ThAn LaTeR!
AnastasiaBeaverhausn
on 10/26/11 11:42 pm
I was on 2. I stopped one right after surgery and my PCP thinks I can stop the other since my numbers are good. I work a stressful job that I return to on Monday so I told him to not be so quick on taking me off. But, I am off all my diabetes meds and cholesterol ones as well. It is so great to go to the pharmacy so less often!
HW - 275  SW- 226  GW-150  

sourcherriex
on 10/27/11 1:15 am - CA
 Oh, totally! I was on THREE. And they were like $75 every 3 months! Such a pain. Hopefully I don't have to go back to them.
 ~Marisa~

Mr-Smith
on 10/26/11 11:54 pm - Hillsdale, MI
That is assume.  I kicked my BP meds about three weeks ago!  I love it that I am no longer taking ANY prescription meds.

doggz109
on 10/27/11 12:18 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
That is awesome!  I just started having to take BP meds in April and I hope I can kick them after the sleeve too.

Hope your incision is doing better too. 
sourcherriex
on 10/27/11 1:16 am - CA
 You totally will! How is that going? Any news on your insurance approving?

My incision is okay. My nurse says it's looking really good, and not infected anymore at all. But now it has to heal from the inside-out so I still have to get it packed every day. It's 2 cm deep and 2 cm wide at this point so it's doing a LOT better. Hopefully by Monday I can stop packing it and I can SHOWER! lol.
 ~Marisa~

precious_diamond38
on 10/27/11 2:40 am - VA
good for u ... i guess i need to go to my primary because i cannot wait to get off these bp meds....