one-a day gummies..

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/11 1:35 pm

I loved gummies.  I took them for six months.  Then I went in for all of my blood work.  It seems that my multiple vitamin gummies did not contain B1.  My medical information on my Kaiser web site said that my B1 should have been 55.  My count was 7.  I have no energy.  I want to sleep all the time.  I'm irritable and my short term memory is lacking.  My nutritionist said that if that continued I could end up with permanent brain damage.  Now I'm taking lots of B1 and looking  for vitamins that I can tolerate.  So do check the labels and be careful.
MYLIFEJOURNEY
on 10/30/11 1:41 pm

hi.   I just saw those in walgreens, and was looking at them.  They looked ok, but like most others, they contain sugar, and worse, gelatin...my reasoning for not eating gelatin (unless it's Kosher) is because, I choose to not eat Pork, and most gelatin is derived with pork ingredients...I will though, go to natural store, and look-because, girl, like you---I am getting nauseas with the crushing the elephant pills and trying to mix them into my yummy chocolate EAS whey protein (blender) style milkshakes, and it's NASTY AS CAN BE!!!  I'm not too sure though, I can have anything "gummy" now, just coming from week1 of my post of for VSG.  Any suggestions??? Thanks..and best wishes with finding some good vitamins you can at least enjoy a tiny-wee bit.   LOL 

Krazydoglady
on 10/30/11 1:41 pm - FL
They do not have iron. I have issues with vitamins, and I took the gummies for a while as a stop-gap measure. I became anemic at that time. I now take centrum chewable with iron.

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

doggz109
on 10/30/11 1:43 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
That is what I take Krazydoglady.....they chew up nice and give you all you need.  Cheap on Amazon.com too.
ravenssummer
on 10/30/11 10:27 pm - West Warwick, RI
I have to admit I take them but I also take a separate B12, vitamin D,  and Iron and my labs are fine.
HW 348 SW 329 CW 196  

PsychoWriter
on 10/30/11 11:05 pm - St Petersburg, FL
I would check with your surgeon cuz theyre all different but mine said no problem. Wondering about your comment on iron tho. My doc has me taking the gummies 3/day, an iron supplement once daily and I'm doing calcium chews twice daily. He said as long as I chew/suck til theres like nothing left it's fine.

*Now is blessed, the rest...remembered. -Jim Morrison*

George B.
on 10/31/11 12:48 am - Miami, FL
Daily I take 2 Gummy Vites, 2 Fiber Gummies and a B-12 sublingual. 

Love the Gummies and all my labs have been excellent.

janielynne
on 10/31/11 8:53 am
thank you everyone for your helpful tips....

Crystal M.
on 10/31/11 11:02 am - El Paso, TX
My doc says no gummies, that they gel up & get stuck in the sleeve. I don't believe it, personally, but I stick with chewables anyway, 'cuz he went to medical school & I didn't. 
It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views