I need encouragement!

NMGAL15
on 11/4/11 7:32 am - Rio Rancho, NM
 I had my surgery 11/1 all went well the dr said. I had very little pain because I had that pain ball thing! :) Since I passed my leak test I've had a hard time getting anything in.. Yesterday it took me 45min to get 1oz in. 1!! Dr said I needed to be at 1oz every 10min.   I had a nausea patch on until last night which was so nice, but I had to take it off when I left. 
 So last night I came home and suddenly got supper dizzy, 'ate' some broth and 5 oz of water and it went away.  The protein they made me buy (beneprotein) will not go down.. it sits there and frankly its just nasty. I am able to get 2oz down of the powder I already had(nectar)
So today the dizzy was back.. Called the nurse and she said it sounds like Im dehydrated and to drink 60oz today 20 being G2. Im tryin hard but how does one manage that?! :( helpful tips would be so amazing right now.
Christine
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/11 7:57 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

How about no sugar added Popsicles girlie?  The cold will help with the swelling and irritation in your stomach and they are considered fluids.

The first week or so, protein is what it is, maybe you can get it in, maybe not so much but being hydrated is is important. 

Maybe if you dilute your G2 it will be easier?  Also, with your nectars, if you dilute them so they are really thin that might help you get them down.

Focusing on fluids will keep you out of the ER girlie, and if you can consume Popsicles, the cool on your belly will help your swelling go down, and increase the ease of consumption.

Sorry you feel puny!

NMGAL15
on 11/4/11 8:05 am - Rio Rancho, NM
 thanks! I forgot about them, they were in the garage freezer!
so far today Ive had 4oz of protein drink, 12oz of g2 (still sippin for the full 20oz) a pocicle, and 2 oz chicken broth. I know Im no where near where they want me at, but today is a little easier to get things in than yesterday.  Still a stuggle.. Im about to try cream of chick soup for dinner.. hoping its better tasting than it looks..lol 
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/11 8:12 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

When I got to soups I am telling you that broccoli cheese soup was the Nectar of the Gods :}

yaay! Push those Popsicles girlie.  Hopefully they will work good for you!  I am so glad you already had them handy!  Good thinkin!

Today is not like it will be tomorrow, or next week, next month or next year.  Do your best today, that's all you can do, girlie!

It all will get easier over time, and be sweet to you, its a bit overwhelming at first, when it seems so simple "just drink 60 oz" :}

BethR311
on 11/4/11 9:34 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Bigelow apple cider flavored herbal tea was really good tasting to me those first preop days, warm, not boiling. I hope you feel better soon!

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views