Back to work tomorrow...need suggestions

Happy Camper
on 11/9/11 12:13 pm
 I go back to work tomorrow and am trying to prepare what I'm going to eat.  I'm thinking a thermos of pea soup, 3protein drinks, water.  Any suggestions?

Thank u for your help!

46_11tobeme
on 11/9/11 12:23 pm - NJ
 mini babybell light cheese.

I have a question about returning to work. My surgery date was 10/24. Do you have the energy to return to work. Mine has been so low, but is getting better daily. When did you notice your energy returning? 

Happy Camper
on 11/9/11 12:37 pm
 Originally the Doctor said two weeks off.  But I pulled a stomach muscle and needed one more week.  I've had pretty good energy since returning from the hospital.  I also walked constantly while in the hospital.

tillmadd
on 11/9/11 12:54 pm - WI
 WOW! I am so impressed that you guys can return to work so quickly. I am a school teacher with a stressful group of fifth graders and my surgeon is allowing me six weeks. The week before surgery the docs found a tumor on my ovary so they removed the tumor, my ovary, and then the sleeve, I am thinking about returning after winter break. Does this sound a bit too much???
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

Happy Camper
on 11/9/11 12:59 pm
 I'm so jealous.  That sounds like a nice long break!  Although 5th graders could wear u out very quickly!

Enjoy your time if you're able. :0)

46_11tobeme
on 11/9/11 10:34 pm - NJ
 I have 6 weeks off too and feel like I need it. I have a very stressful job - lots of driving, long days, lots of lifting, etc.  I have a hard time in the mornings and my energy is in the toilet! I am 17 days post op right now. I hope those of you who are back to work earlier are doing well.

Melanie.S
on 11/10/11 9:01 pm
How did your day go?  What is your job?  I think you are I were sleeved around the same time.  Mine was Oct 26.  How long are you on liquids?  I am on 'mushies' now.  Yogurt, applesauce, etc..  Since I started this phase, the scale hasn't moved.  I'm flipping out a little!
Happy Camper
on 11/11/11 7:19 am
I was a little tired yesterday but good.  I work in the education center in a hospital.  It's a desk job so I didnt have to do too much moving.  The only problem was that I cant get my water in.  I went to the store at lunch and bought my sf Popsicles so I could get the fluids.   That Helped.  My surgery was 10/18 and I just started mashies yesterday.  I'm still nervous to try many things.

I found a new favorite food!!!!  I'm a big fan of cream of wheat but it doesn't have protein, so after I cooked it, I added my chocolate protein drink from Costco (30 grams of protein).  It tastes so warm and chocolaty.  Try it!!!!!   Mmmmmmmm!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 166 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 442 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 463 views