have a wls blog(or a blog in general? And tips/hints/tricks?

KaVash
on 11/13/11 10:42 pm - OH
I want to follow you all~

Um my surgery is going to be 12/12/11 if everything goes right.

So can any of you guys tell your tips, your hints, what you wish you had done differently, what your weekly exercise regimen is? I already walk, 20-60 minutes a day. but what else do you guys do?

Also, what are somethings that you can buy and drink/eat/whatever on a full liquid diet? I know I should ask my surgeon and stuff, but I want to have some ideas to ask about.

And what are somethings I should take with me to the hospital when I go?

thanks for any answers I get in advance.
ChangingNow
on 11/13/11 11:12 pm, edited 11/13/11 11:19 pm - OH
Before surgery I stopped drinking Diet Coke (wow, that was difficult), but wish I would have started drinking more water.

There have been lots of posts about what to bring to the hospital, use the search bar to find them.  I brought a pair of loose sweat pants to wear under my gown, made walking in the halls more comfortable than wearing two gowns.  The most important things to bring is lip balm!  I like Burt's Bees.

On full liquid I had a lot of clear soups.  For some reason, right after surgery, it seemed like warm liquids went down better than cold.

VSG on 05/03/2011, SW 255, CW 140, 5'6" female
Body by Sauceda on 11/30/2012, LBL, BL/BA, long thighs, arms, neck

KaVash
on 11/13/11 11:23 pm - OH
Thank you for the info~

I've already stopped drinking soda. And I hardly ever drink caffeine.
scalewarfare11
on 11/13/11 11:25 pm
VSG on 08/22/11 with
I do have a blog, the link is in my signature line.  There is a tab on my blog that will link you to all of the steps that I went through, from deciding to have surgery, to a few weeks post op.  The rest of the story is on the blog as well :)  I have a lot of answers to all of your questions there!

Good luck in your journey!  It's one of hte best decisions that I've ever made!
Blog: http://adauntingtaleofscalewarfare.com
Surgery Date:
8/22/2011
with Dr. Moazzez of Blue Point Surgical Group

KaVash
on 11/14/11 2:50 am - OH
Thank you very much!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views