I need advice lol

NMGAL15
on 11/20/11 7:47 am - Rio Rancho, NM
 Hey all Im almost 3wks out now Im down 17lbs! :) I just moved onto mushie/soft foods 2 days ago. 
Heres my issue: The nut wants 600-800 cals a day no more than 40 carbs and 74-89g protein.
The doctor added that he wants only 3 meals a day with no snacking. HOW do I get 600-800 calories in, only eating 1.5oz at a time?
 Yesterday I got 86g of protein in and was right at 40 carbs but I only ate 370 calories! I dont want to go into starvation mode and stop loosing. 
Any tips?
SassyItalian
on 11/20/11 8:41 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Those are Goals- things you have to work towards. They dont happen immediately.

From what I have seen, the amounts the NUT recommends are HUGE. Some people can eat 3oz of protein a month out. I still cant eat what was on my NUT guideline for 8 weeks out at 11 months out.

So, if you arent getting your protein or what you need, it would seem to me like a good idea is adding in a protein shake. Thats not grazing. IMHO.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

mysticblue
on 11/20/11 9:06 am
I stayed at 300 calories for the first 3 months (per my bariatric nutritionists guidelines), so I wouldn't worry if you do not get all of your calories in at first. Things will get easier as you move forward. And you are already in starvation mode - that is what this surgery is all about. The guidelines given for regular people who have not had weight loss surgery do not apply. Your calories will naturally go up over time. I wouldn't worry about the calories at all.

Lori H.

Crystal M.
on 11/20/11 10:20 am - El Paso, TX
Most of my calories still come from protein shakes. I just can't eat enough, even at 2.5 months out, to meet my needs without the shakes.
It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views