Suggestions for small plates?

Twizzled D.
on 11/21/11 12:39 pm
 I'm not sure there's anything I haven't been able to find in Target or a dollar store, especially if you are thinking about using the plates as gifts - sounds like you'll be buying more than just 1 or 2 for you! You may be able to check out some second hand stores too - dishwasher-wash the dishes before you eat off of them. My mom has a portioned child's plate that she ate off of immediately post-op. It has Scooby on it - she's a huuuuuuge Scooby fan, so it was motivating for her, and it helped her to learn portion size until she started using her everyday dishes that she loves so much. Good luck!
-Kristi

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 12:52 pm
World Market, Asian markets, Pier One, etc.. I have a bunch of mix n match pretty little plates.. I've even brought them with me to friends houses so I didn't have a big plate with lots of open space on it!
karenmac3
on 11/21/11 11:35 pm - Dunlap, IL
thanks for all the great ideas everyone! I especially liked the idea of the Japanese place - then I realized that I was in central IL and that I'd probably be out of luck on that particular option.

I was browsing the Pier 1 site yesterday, and they seem to have several options that will work well for what I am after. I'm going to go take a look in person, but think they will work best, as their inventory is similar in most stores.

I had not thought of the silverware options, either. I had already moved to using the smaller spoons in my dinnerware collection, but hadn't thought about even looking for "appetizer-sized" utensils. I need to get out more!

Again, thanks to all that contributed!
 38 yrs old, 5'8"   HW: 338   SW: 307.2   CW: 235.0

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 98 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views