Suggestions for small plates?

karenmac3
on 11/21/11 4:25 am - Dunlap, IL
Hi all!
I am nearly a couple of weeks out and doing well. Am headed to the doctor for my 2 week checkup on Wednesday, and have been thinking about how to start eating mushy.

One of the things that occured to me is that many of my dishes, even the salad plates, now seem WAY to big for the meals I'm going to be having. I'll likely store some of them, and buy some new smaller dishes.

Am guessing many of you have had similar issues. Suggestions on where to go look? I'm thinking these would be good holiday gift ideas to give to my family? Am thinking that dessert bowls would be about right, but am wondering about plate substitutes. All of Frisco's stuff seems to be plated on dishes that are right-sized, and I think I'm having dish envy!

Suggestions are appreciated!
 38 yrs old, 5'8"   HW: 338   SW: 307.2   CW: 235.0

acbbrown
on 11/21/11 4:30 am - Granada Hills, CA
I dont really own any plates but I bought little 1/2 cup and 1 cup tupperware bowls that I eat all of my food out of. And I have little baby utensils. I like the tupper ware bowls because its easy to just pop a lid on and put it away when im done eating - no clean up or wrapping - and its easy to pack my food to go when im on the run.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

tillmadd
on 11/21/11 4:38 am - WI
 Me too! I use 1/2 c and 1c tupperware/ziploc bowls they are resealable and convient. I also have baby spoons and they work just fine. As far as dishes I use the smaller 5-6 inch plates. 
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 4:43 am
I typically just use our salad plates, but don't fill it up. I usually just serve myself the protein, a little bit of veggies and even then I can't always finish.

But if it's just me and I'm not "serving" dinner, then yeah, I have these little bowls that are perfect.
(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 4:55 am
I went to a local Japanese store and bought some of the most beautiful tiny dishes and bowls.  They are really beautiful and just the right size.  I would recommend finding a similar store in your area or ordering on line.  I eat all of my meals on these perfectly sized dishes. 
Jenmc_70
on 11/21/11 4:55 am - TN
i have 1/2 cup and 1 cup containers that i use to store and take to work with me. At home I have bought desert plates. I found 300 paper desert plates at Sams club for uner 5.00. They serve the purpose I bought them for.
wls2011
on 11/21/11 5:26 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 Bed, Bath, & Beyond....got white square appetizer plates, and metal appetizer forks & spoons...perfect size and great quality.
for bowls & cups, I got at walmart...just glass dessert bowls & plastic storage cups w/ lids.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

lanunes
on 11/21/11 5:29 am - CA
 I bought childrens tupperware style bowls. They probably hold about 1 cup. I use them to eat my meals at home plus they are easy for taking to work as well. 

Leslie Nunes              
kimbethin
on 11/21/11 5:35 am - CA
I use the 1/2 cup diposable glad containers a lot.  Also same sized glass bowls from Bed Bath & Beyond.  They sell small trays and plates meant for apppetizers that are great too.  I also bought a 30 cc/1 oz measuring cup there to uses post -op, it's almost like a shot glass.  I haven't touched my dinner plates since before surgery!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
BETHC500
on 11/21/11 7:51 am
I bought a few ramikin type 3 oz and 1 oz cups. And I set them on a small dessert plate. And I am eatting with a baby spoon.  It helps to have the visual boundary the size of these cups. I would look around for dressing size dishes, small tea saucer plates, or some of those decorative dishes in places like bed bath and beyond, pier one, or home goods type stores. Good luck and happy shoppin...

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 227 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 303 views