2 weeks out !

ShanaR
on 11/22/11 12:23 am - East Brunswick, NJ
VSG on 11/09/11 with
So im 2 weeks out from the revision. Im down 21.4lbs yay!! How are you other newbies doing? What are you eating,drinking how are,you feeling, hows the restriction?! I can tolerate 1/2 cup of liquids now with no problems and 1/4 food as well! I had a small colapsed lung which is much better I can finally breathe when walking! Im feeling fantastic!! 4 years of hell from the crapband! I finally feel free!!
"I choose Inner beauty for the first and physical beauty for the Second"-UnKnown
Hw:280 SW:223.4 CW:199.4 GW:150

imchatti
on 11/22/11 12:40 am - NJ
I will be two weeks out tomorrow .... i am doing fantastic!  i still have a small amount of pain in my big incision and in the right hand one.  i have tolerated liquids and smooth soups without a problem.  i get enough liquid in and i am working hard on getting in my 80g of protien in. 

tomorrow, i begin my mushies/soft diet and i am excited.  i do not have any hunger at all - the BEST thing in the entire world!  i have found my full signal and my drinking/eating too fast signal, and have been obeying it! 

I am still tired though :-( .  i thought i would be 100% by now, but i am better each day. 

good luck to you!

christine

Richard M.
on 11/22/11 12:59 am - OH
15 day's out. I see the Dr. later today down 20 pounds. I am eating every 2 hrs. like my program say's. 1/2 protien drink then 1/4 cp creamed soup, then 3 ounces greek yogurt, then 1/4 cp on cottage cheese. I am having no trouble eating and drinking no hungery. If I do not keep an eye on the time I will skip eating. most of the time I can drink6 to 8 ounches in less than 2 min. 7 day's ago when drinking it was 2 to 3 swallows and then I felt like some one poked me in the gut. I was relly in alot of pain for about 4 day after surgery. Then It just went away. I am feeling pertty good for 64. GOOD LUCK!

soulsister
on 11/22/11 12:56 am - NY
I'm also two weeks out.  I have no problems except diahrea still!  I even started mushies a day early to see if it would stop.  That is my biggest problem. 
I was only out of work for a week and feel great. I never had any pain.
I have been eating cottage cheese, Eggface's ricotta bake, sugar free pudding.  I still feel like I need a shake a day to get all of my protein in.

I had the crapband for 3 years so I know what you mean!
tillmadd
on 11/22/11 1:44 am - WI
 Hey I am 15 days out  and down 13 lbs since surgery but 21 lbs including pre-op!! i am happy. I have noticed varying levels with my energy ...it seens to alternate, one day super energy then next day i feel like a sloth. I am not going back to work for at least 2 more weeks, so I can get back to normal, but my job isvery intense/stressful. i have been eating mushies for about 5 days, today tried1/2 egg and I am stuffed! Typically i eat cream soup, regular soup, chicken salad, cream of wheat, protein shakes, yesterday tried flaky fish ate 2 oz it went down well. No pain ! Best of luck to you!
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

juicylucy5427
on 11/22/11 4:45 am
juicylucy5427
on 11/22/11 4:54 am
juicylucy5427
on 11/22/11 4:55 am, edited 11/22/11 4:56 am
I am 2 wks out today too!!! So far I've lost 23lbs and feel great!!! I started on the mushies today not bad at all.

DebbieL.
on 11/22/11 5:35 am - OK
I am 19 days out.  I have lost 12 pounds since surgery and 20# pre op.  I am still on liquids and will be till Dec 3.  Then I get to add a few foods (greek yogurt, eggs, SF pudding, and oatmeal) to my liquids.  That will be for 2 more weeks.  Then 6 weeks after my surgery date, I start mushies.

Guess my dr is pretty conservative (having liquids 4 weeks, 2 weeks of just adding a few foods to the liquids, then 2 weeks of mushies, and then regular foods).   All though he recommends 1200 calories a day (I know that is more than most drs on here recommend).   I plan on following his food plan to the T (as much as I can) and then if I don't lose will go from there to see what I should do.

I have had no problems with drinking anything.  In fact, the dr said to slow down, that I was drinking too much, to fast.  So I have been drinking a sip every 5 minutes. 

I don't know about restriction yet.  I don't feel it too much, wonder if I will when I start on foods?  Hope so.   

I have been having some hunger pangs.  I usually fix some type of protein drink and then I'm ok.  I am also trying to learn which is real hunger and which is "head" hunger.   

I was on liquids for 10 days pre op and have been on them for 19 days post-op (and still have 9 days to go!)  and I am TIRED of them!  I want to eat something!  I will wait till I am supposed to but some days/times I just want to chew!  I will get a SF Popsicle and it helps a tiny bit.  

I do keep in mind that I have truly been blessed, my surgery and my recovery have went very well.  I actually had the sleeve, a tumor removed from my stomach, a hiatal hernia repair and gall bladder removal and my surgery was just 2 1/2 hours and I was up the next day.  Although, on Sat night I was in the bathroom and Oklahoma had a 5.6 earthquake and I was sitting on the toilet, lol.   Luckily everything was ok.

I came home on Sun evening and I did ok.   The incisions were a little sore but not too bad.  I did sleep in my recliner so I wouldn't have to deal with the pain getting in and out of the bed.   I had more problems with feeling nauseous.  I was sick to my stomach till the next Saturday. 

Now I am feeling good.  I do still have problems with my energy level.  I will feel really good, then just feel like I have no energy.  Although it is getting better each day. 

BETHC500
on 11/22/11 8:11 am
Im just over two weeks out, I am feeling better everyday. I am down 18 lbs. I am able to keep down my liquids and I am getting my proteins mostly from shakes. I can get about 4 oz down. I havent been hungry much. I am taking my meals very slowly and following all the dr orders.  I had a few complications too, one of my incisions leaked and then my red blood count went way down so I had to have a transfusion. I am finally able to lay in bed on my back and get some sleep... woo hoo. I am feeling stronger each day.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 84 views