WLS Books

isabellarossellini
on 11/30/11 2:00 am
I'm a nerd and love books.  Do any of you have any recommendations on WLS reading?  I start liquid diet, or i like to refer to it as detox on Monday and i'm looking for some good reading.
SkinnyJeansSoon
on 11/30/11 2:14 am
I was at my support group last night and someone suggested Women, Food, God or something like that. I haven't read it but it is on my Christmas list.

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

Crystal M.
on 11/30/11 2:31 am - El Paso, TX
I never thought of myself as a nerd but I love to read. Fiction, non-fiction, cereal boxes ~ doesn't much matter.

Anyway, I read half a dozen WLS books before having my VSG, and by far my favorite was "The Expert's Guide to Weight Loss Surgery" by Garth Davis, MD.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/weight-loss-surgery-garth-davis/1100360095

It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

MyOwnSunshine
on 11/30/11 2:39 am
I agree with "Women, Food and God" by Geneen Roth.  I think she's a little flaky, but the book really gets to the heart of why we eat compulsively. 
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
BariBariHappy
on 11/30/11 4:33 am - MI
Get Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies...it's a good reference guide. Plus, they also have the Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies Cookbook too. I passed mine on to my sister for reading...it explains everything very easily. 
   HW: 291 • SW: 260 • CW: 196 • GW: 145            

isabellarossellini
on 11/30/11 5:26 am

I'll have to check out the "Expert Guide". 

I guess I consider myself a nerd, because I still like a good old fashioned tangible touchable book versus the kiddly world or googly world. :)

You know i have Geneen Roth's book "When Food is Love" and the first time i read it I thought it was too self helpy, but the second time i read it I got really into it.

Thanks for the suggestions y'all!

rainsong
on 11/30/11 6:58 am
I read the expert guide and liked it.. I also recently brought wls for dummies. I've only read bits and pieces of it, but it's not bad.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 309 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 356 views