BestFriend getting VSG on Nov. 6

Amy D.
on 11/29/11 1:30 pm, edited 11/29/11 1:32 pm
 Well my best-friend & I have a long history!  She has always copied EVERYTHING that I do!  With me starting my journey I knew she wouldn't want to feel "left behind"!   I thought about it & if she wants to better her life as well I will support her, as I would anyone!   Almost 2 mon. into my 6mo pre diet she says she talked to someone that had the plastics done after surgery & Access covered it too!   So this is her supposedly reason for starting the process too!  Witch I am happy for her & we get to do this together!

Well today is her first day of the 7 day preop fast!  She had called me millions of times & just about an hour ago saying she doesn't know if she can do it!  I asked her if she drank all of the carnation instant breakfasts and she said she only had 4 of them,  so I told her it is important to get all 6 of them in & she shouldn't feel hungry & she can do it!  I told her about how many ppl on here always question if they are doing the right thing!  I am a little concerned she may slip but i cannot sit and hold her hand!  I just hope she can deal w/ the whole no food thing!  It was hard for me but I did make it threw it & I'm feeling pretty great!  

Has anyone else had a friend do the surgery after you did?  How did things go?

VSG 11-8-11      HW 327       SW 255   Mo.1-25 lbs  loss  " I think that everything happens to me for a reason. The hard times that I go through build character, making me a much stronger person.?
Samantha H.
on 11/29/11 8:54 pm - Kuwait City, Kuwait
Amy,

I think it is wonderful that you get to go through this process with someone that you are so close to. I wish I was in the same boat! My family does not seem to understand my want and need of this surgery but I hope they will change their mind as they see the change in me!

Good luck to you and your best friend! 
Amy D.
on 11/30/11 2:59 am
 Thank you Samantha!!!  As family many are and have been supportive, just concerned!!!   My niece & sister in law have voiced opinions about it being the "easy way out" or they know ppl that have not done very well!!  Thanksgiving was the first time I seen them sense the 4th of July & they were asking me all kinds of questons & said I look really good!   So after time they will come around!  You have any questions feel free to ask!      Best of luck to you hun!!  

VSG 11-8-11      HW 327       SW 255   Mo.1-25 lbs  loss  " I think that everything happens to me for a reason. The hard times that I go through build character, making me a much stronger person.?
Samantha H.
on 11/30/11 1:32 pm - Kuwait City, Kuwait
Amy,

Thank you. I will be sure to ask as I am sure that I will have a myriad of questions in the next couple days!

I finally confronted my husband last night about his lack of interest in my surgery. He, too, said he was worried about me but happy that I was making a change to be healthier. I hope that kind of attitude continues well after my surgery! My mom still says it's dumb, but also says it's my body! I haven't received any real negative comments, just a few shrugs and some looks. Strangely, my coworkers are the most supportive and are asking for daily updates! They cannot wait to see the change in me!

I am so glad that your family has come around! While not necessary, it is always nice to have the people that are important to you in your corner!

I wish you continued success and happiness and thank you again for your kind words!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views