Home and Sleevd

01mojanet
on 12/4/11 8:58 pm
Good Morning to all,

I must say I have been challenged in more them one who The support I thought I would get from family has not be the best .  I have been feeling alone sometimes but all is well. Its been 5 days out and I moving around better each day.  Just need to hear from some sleeves early stages experiences.
1. how soon on pureed
2. how soon you feel normal
3. how long out of work

any advice is helpful
Stronger1
on 12/4/11 10:01 pm - Charlotte, NC
Sorry, I'm only a few days out myself, but I am glad you are home and recovering.  Sorry about the lack of family support, but your OH family is here for you!! Take care!!

Ohcam
on 12/5/11 1:41 am
Hey! Glad you're home and on the road to a speedy recovery. To echo stronger1, your OH family is always here for you! As to you questions...

1-my surgeon's plan was liquids (minus protein shakes) 1 week, 3 weeks liquids (with protein shakes), then pureed phase.

If you pm me your email I can send you a PDF of my surgeons manual.

2- I felt fine the first month. I was healing well and walking/sipping (to answer 3- I was out of work a total of 2weeks). A month and half in I was a crazy person. I believe it was a mix of fluctuating hormones and a dramatic change of lifestyle. So that was a rough patch for me. Once I got to the mushy/semi solids, I felt a lot better.

Not to sound like a cliche but it really does get better in a couple months! stay focused, stay strong, and visit OH whenever you need a boost! I'm rooting for you!
 HW: 332  PrOW: 285 SW:266  CW:149 GW:140  5'3" 27
   LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 201 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 283 views