Dr. Averbach

simplychrissy
on 12/12/11 3:26 am - MD
Hello,

Is there anyone who had Dr Averbach as their surgeon and if so what can i expect the morning of surgery? Does the anestheologist give you anything to calm you down before the surgery? Sorry if these are repitious questions!

I am ready to embark on this new journey...
vocalcoach
on 12/12/11 3:55 am - MD
Hey There,

I'm a patient of Dr. Singh!!  I love this practice and feel so blessed to have found this team of incredibly educated and knowledgable people!!  Amazing!!  They cover IT ALL...there is NO WAY to walk into this surgery feeling uninformed.  That in it self gives me peace of mind and calms down any "nerves" going into surgery. 

I'm having surgery next week and just had my last class today with Cathy.  Not sure about something for the nerves but Cathy in the Catonsville office can answer any apprehensions you have about the upcoming surgery!  Do you have a surgery date yet?

Joyfully,
Maria

simplychrissy
on 12/12/11 4:03 am - MD
thanks maria i was in the class too today with cathy. my surgery is next week. i guess i will call her and ask her some questions! thanks again!

lucy2e
on 12/12/11 4:03 am - Laurel, MD
Hi Chrissy,

We've talked - I didn't receive anything, but I'm sure if you need it they will administer something.

I'd suggest calling the office and asking to speak to Cathy (the nurse coordinator) and letting her know your concerns.  She can talk you through what will be done and if anti-anxiety meds will be available for you!

To give you info on my experience - I arrived at St A's at the crack of dawn.  They will lead you back to the surgical prep area and let you know to use the bathroom if you need to (my nerves had me peeing like a racehorse - TMI!)  Next they will give you a special surgical gown then they will rejoin you in your room.  Next they will put compression hose on you (to make sure you have good circulation during the procedure).  They will also start your iv line.  The surgical team will come in and introduce themselves and ask some questions, as will the anestheologist.  Dr. A will also come in and talk with you and at some point they let your family in to wait with you.  Kisses and see you laters to the family and you are wheeled to the OR and slide over onto the table and that is all I can remember till I work up and saw one of the team and she talked to me.  Little while later wheeled up to my room where the fam was waiting for me.

Hope this helps!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

simplychrissy
on 12/12/11 4:05 am - MD
thanks lucy. i guess i just really have to wait. my nerves are driving me crazy and i am barely getting any sleep!

lucy2e
on 12/12/11 4:09 am - Laurel, MD
I understand completely! 

All I can say is you are in excellent hands - Dr. A and his surgical team are very talented and caring.  You are gonna do great and are so gonna love the weight that just seems to fall off that first month! 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

CoolBeans
on 12/12/11 5:16 pm - MD
 Lucy did a great job with the run down of what to expect. I agree with her about calling Cathy with your concerns. I just want to say I was very happy with Dr. Averbach and his team. Good luck with everything. 
 Cari    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 64 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views