Denied for the second time.

Sttephanniie
on 12/11/11 10:48 pm
RNY on 03/13/12
 Well about 2 months ago I was denied and today I called my doctors office and found out I was denied again for the the sleeve. I'm upset again but she told me I can the the Gastric Bypass since I am approved for that one. At this point I just want something done I don't know what to do. My biggest problem with the Gastric one is that they leave that extra organ inside of me for what though you know? Has anyone else had these problems?
Stephanie M.
on 12/11/11 11:47 pm
Did they provide you a reason for the denial?

High weight: 276

Lowest weight: 155.2

Currently : 159-164

Couch potato to runner in 18 months!                         

Ms Shell
on 12/12/11 1:03 am - Hawthorne, CA
Yeah I'm curious as to WHY they are denying one surgery but yet approving the other.  I would get a peer review. 

The remnant stomach is known to cause problems it is but ONE reason I never wanted the RnY.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

doggz109
on 12/12/11 3:29 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
What is their reason for a denial?  The fact that they are approving ONE WLS but not another is very suspect.  VSG is no longer experimental and is a common every day surgery now.

Appeal that ****
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views