GALL STONES

specialone
on 12/14/11 2:59 am - Virginia Beach, VA
VSG on 02/15/12
 Yesterday I felt the most horrible pain I had ever felt before. They called 911 from my job and the results were gall stones and dehydration ! Now I'm worried because I have my first appointment with my surgeon on January 5, 2012 and I'm worried if this is going to interfere with my surgery process. I don't want to be operated on twice but I don't want to be in pain until my insurance process is over with.
George B.
on 12/14/11 3:10 am - Miami, FL
Many surgeons will remove the gall bladder during the VSG.

You should check with your doctor about this option.

specialone
on 12/14/11 3:22 am - Virginia Beach, VA
VSG on 02/15/12
Thank you, I actually have an appointment tomorrow.
newme2011-2012
on 12/14/11 3:54 am
I had mine out at the same time..
Check and see if you can get that!!
Hope you feel better!
Julie
Maria P.
on 12/14/11 5:53 am
VSG on 01/09/12
Oh honey, I SO understand how you feel. A gall stone attack is horrid! I actually had a similar situation at work. The most horrible pain and then I had to run outside because I was projectile vomiting! I already had my gallbladder out and boy do I feel better! Your surgeon may be able to do both at once, as another poster said. The gallbladder is right there where they're working, so it's not hard to get to if your surgeon is experienced with it. Good luck t oyou!

In the meantime, if you have another gallstone attack, try drinking some apple cider vinegar. The vinegar stimulates the liver to release more bile and that can sometimes alleviate the pain if the gallstone is stuck. It helped me while I was waiting for surgery.
5'3"  Age 38

HW: 216
Month 1: 20.6
specialone
on 12/14/11 6:30 am - Virginia Beach, VA
VSG on 02/15/12
Thanks everyone for the info and Maria P. thanks for the advice!
(deactivated member)
on 12/14/11 9:44 am - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
another thing you can do along with the apple cider vinegar is boil a tablespoon of flax seeds, i was having a wicked gall bladder attack one night and found that remedy on the net, by the time i finished my drink the pain was gone!  it's awesome. 

hope you feel better!  & defo get it taken out when you get surgery, kill two birds with one stone.  i will ask to get mine taken out when i go for vsg.  i dont want two surgeries.
specialone
on 12/14/11 1:29 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
VSG on 02/15/12
THANK YOU SO MUCH LOTUSLOVER!
(deactivated member)
on 12/14/11 5:29 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
i hope it works for you too!

feel better soon :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain