When does it end!

KaVash
on 12/14/11 11:47 pm - OH
So I had surgery on Monmday(srry I can't type well w/ hosp. keyboard.), 12/12 and... my incisions and stomach hurt. ok my abdomen hurts.

and I keep dosing/dozing off even when Im sitting up.

and I feel blooooaaaaattttteeeeedddddd.......

So my question for all of these is...WHEN DOES IT STOPPPP!!!!!!

I cant stamd it.  T^T
hw: 272lbs cw:181 sw:??? gw:150

frenchgrapes
on 12/15/11 12:25 am - TX
Are you able to get up and walk? The pressure on your incisions and abdomen in general will ease up as the gas that they pumped into you to do the surgery is released. The gas is released over time but is speeded up by walking.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.
alibri2
on 12/15/11 12:28 am
 you feel bloated because of the gas that was used to inflate your body during the surgery.  The incisions should start to feel better soon.  I only had one incision that hurt (the largest, where they remove the stomach)  As far as sleeping goes, your body just went through a major surgery and needs to heal.  Pretty soon you will feel great and it will all be a distant memory.  Good luck 

George B.
on 12/15/11 1:29 am - Miami, FL
Walking and Gas-X strips helped me get rid of the gas post-op.

2breakfree
on 12/15/11 1:35 am - NC
Get up and walk as much as you can. My gas and bloating was gone within three days. Day 4 was touch felt like I got kicked in the side but since then doing great. I am 14 days out. Had my sleeve on 12/1.  It will get better.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change and the courage to change the things I can. Above all the wisdom to know the difference    
Dreamofpeace
on 12/15/11 1:58 am - Rochester, MN
I had my surgery 2 weeks ago and had a LOT of bloating from gas and water (gained 15 pounds in the hospital) and it took about 10 days to mostly go away.   I feel about 75% back to my old self......it WILL get better!!!

11/06: Lap Band.
 7/11: Slipped band/problems. In process of revision to sleeve. 
12/1/11: Surgery for the sleeve.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views