Scheduled my VSG surgery!!!

kellsters
on 12/19/11 11:37 am - CA
VSG on 01/23/12
Hi Everyone! I am so excited, I spoke with the doctor today and I am scheduled for 1/23/12. I cannot wait!!!! I do my sleep study tomorrow and get my psych eval tomorrow!!! any tips??? I am taking a week off work, do you think thats enough???

-Kelly

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/11 11:42 am
Congrats! That is exciting! I'm just about 2 weeks out. I could go back to work now, no problem. I was still a little too sore and easily tired at a week (but I have a very active on my feet all day job teaching 8 year olds!). If you have a more sedentary job (desk like) you probably can go back after a week. I think a lot of people do. Good luck!

AMoody
on 12/19/11 12:17 pm - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
I dont expect to go back till 6-8 weeks post op, I work in head start, and do some heavy lifting, food trays, garbage, 3-5 year old's, if need be, bending, cleaning etc...I cant wait to get scheduled for surgery..Im scared to death but excited all at the same time... I got approved and was supposed to have it done 1/2 but I just wasnt ready, felt it was too soon, I went from wondering if I was going to be approved to getting a date in less than 3 weeks..Im like whoa, cant wrap my head around it all it went so fast so now just waiting for a date in FEb..Good luck and let us know how things go...

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

cpbkmb06
on 12/19/11 12:46 pm
VSG on 02/02/12
Yay!! So exciting! I see the dietician on the 28th and after that appt, I am getting my surgery date! Good luck to you 
kellsters
on 12/20/11 3:57 am - CA
VSG on 01/23/12
Thanks everyone! I am planning on going back to work after a week. Im a medical assistant and phlebotomist, so hopefully I will be ok. If not, I will just take more time! lol. I cannot wait!!!! Thanks for the support!
Most Active