OT - Shipping frustrations!!!!

Samantha H.
on 12/22/11 2:42 am - Kuwait City, Kuwait
So, I work on an Army base in Kuwait. I have an APO address. APO = UNITED STATES ADDRESS. WTF is the problem here?!

Why there are still companies that either won't ship or charge double to ship to me is BEYOND FREAKING RIDICULOUS! It doesn't cost any more to ship to Alabama than it does to ship to an APO.

I can't order from Celebrate OR Bariatric Advantage. *sigh*

Cindy22706
on 12/22/11 2:47 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
Maybe because they dont want to deal with customs and possible duties and taxes? just a thought.. maybe have a relative buy them and ship them to you.
ALAN J.
on 12/22/11 2:59 am
I have the same issues whenever I travel to Iraq, Afghanistan, or even when I lived in Ruaithiya, Kuwait a couple years ago.  This is the company I ended up using (http://www.apobox.com/).  It sucks that you have to pay shipping twice, but at least you can still get what you want.

Good luck!  

BTW - What do you do over there?  I should be heading back to Afghanistan sometime in June or July.... only 6 month deployments so I can handle it.

Highest WGT-295, Surgery WGT-295, Goal WGT-215 - 80LB LOST in 8 months!

Samantha H.
on 12/22/11 3:01 am - Kuwait City, Kuwait
I have an apobox, but they upped their shipping prices. The past three times I've shipped anything, even boxes weighing next to nothing, I've been charged at least $20 for shipping on top of what the company charged. My pocketbook hurts! lol

I'm a paper-pusher sometimes, slacker most of the time. My job only really keeps me busy a few days a month! Can't complain since I'm also a full-time student =P

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views