Exercise...

jovi_34
on 12/23/11 8:00 am - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
Hola everyone!! I haven't posted on here in a while....so I"m down 63lbs. now. Wow, I can't believe it already soon to be 3 mths. Things are going well.

I've been exercising 4-5x per week. I get on my treadmill about 3 of those days & walk/jog. I'm going by how many steps I do. I keep increasing my steps every week, so far I'm at 6000 this week, then next week I increase by 500. On the other days I do a cardio mixed with strength training. I am feeling great!!

I do want to know about others exersice regiment if anyone doesn't mind. I'm just curious what others are doing.

Thanks!! 

Good luck to everyone & Have a wonderful holiday!!
Check me out at : www.jovanyneal.scentsy.us  for all your Scentsy needs     

HW:256  CW: 243  SW:231   GW: 135

cryssyd
on 12/23/11 11:09 am - NY
I've been using my elliptical machine and going for walks. For first time in I don't know how long, I was able to jog yesterday
Marcia B.
on 12/23/11 11:36 am - CA
I count steps as well, my steps at work which is a lot of walking and lifting (kitchen work) so by the end of the workday and gym I get roughly 10,000 to 15,000 steps Monday thru Friday.  Another way I get my steps in is by going to Disneyland on Saturdays and I get about 20,000 + steps on those Saturdays.  I walk/jog on the treadmill... I will do a 5k and on the elliptical I cycle through the computer on there and I will walk on there for an hour... then raquetball or volleyball... and then some weights... the gym I use also has a indoor rope climbing machine works the entire upper body and I am starting to use that. 

I like it if it feels like sports :)  I have done zumba, jazzercise, and had a personal trainer for 3 sessions :)
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Otterwench
on 12/23/11 11:55 am - Camano Island, WA
 I'm only a few weeks out of surgery, so all I'm able to do right now is walk a bit.  Have very low energy.  I am trying to walk every day, though.  My doc says I should be starting to do upper body weight lifting (hand weights, nothing that requires a gym or a personal trainer!), and even walking with them will help.  He encourages both aerobic and anaerobic activities, and stresses that weight lifting (building muscle) helps build your bone strength and will help tone as you lose the fat.  Looking forward to getting off the liquid only part of the diet so I'll have enough energy to actually DO some exercise!

Sounds like ya'll are doing great!!

~Sandi
llhfun
on 12/23/11 12:22 pm
I'm 4 months out 73 lbs down. I work out five days a week in the morning 40 mins strength training followed by 20 mins of interval running. 3 days a night I train Mauy Thai for about hour in half. The only issue is I seem to need more calories I eat about 1200 a day. I have not seen the scale move in about 2 weeks but I am still drooping inch's and gaining muscle. Good luck keep up the hard work

jovi_34
on 12/24/11 2:12 am - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with

Congrats on your weight loss!!

Yes I seem to need more calories also when I work out. I get more hungry.  What's Mauy Thai? 

Thanks everyone for answering my post!!

Samantha H.
on 12/23/11 7:24 pm - Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 days a week, I am walking on the treadmill. On the 6th day, I am doing a spin class. Man, those classes are HARCORE!

Not sure if I SHOULD be doing the spin class as it's pretty intense and I'm just shy of 3 weeks post-op, but when I asked the doctor, he just said "exercise good." Gotta love language barriers...lol

MsMick111
on 12/23/11 10:04 pm - Cleveland, OH
Wow, you are doing a spin class three weeks out?  I still get super tired easily.  Way to go girl!
jovi_34
on 12/24/11 2:13 am - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
Wow you go girl with those spin classes. I'm afraid of them..lol  I worked with Dr.'s before staying at home with my son & yes they speak a different language!! LOL Your doing great as long as he's ok with it & your not feeling any pain!!

Sassy B
on 12/24/11 3:11 pm
I try to do zumba once a week, jog twice a week, and lift weights twice a week as a minimum. It doesn't always happen though... Sometime life gets in the way. Zumba is super fun, and the weights make me feel like I'm getting toned and buff

5'9", 31 year-old female pescetarian VSGer!   ///   Surgery by Dr. Steven Clark on 14-Oct-2012.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views