OT...Are the Mayans accurate in the 2012 prediction?

VegasLAbound
on 12/30/11 2:55 am - Cleveland, OH
I'd just like to hear your thoughts and have an adult conversation where opinions are respected and heard.

Cindy22706
on 12/30/11 2:59 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
I thought they proved it was incorrect.. I dont know. If I believed it I wouldnt be going to get my bachelors, I wouldnt be worrying about my weight, etc...

ruggie
on 12/30/11 3:01 am - Sacramento, CA
On the contrary, I would argue that when predicting the end of existance, you must be proved to be correct rather than proved to be incorrect!

So far, we have live through all these world-ending predictions:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/11 3:02 am
I definitely don't think it's true... and if it is, I'm going to be so mad that that's right when I'm going to be all cute and skinny. I don't have anything intellectual to add because I haven't slept in over 24 hours...
ruggie
on 12/30/11 3:04 am - Sacramento, CA
Go to sleep!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

VegasLAbound
on 12/30/11 3:15 am - Cleveland, OH
Love it...lol
SuperRN597
on 12/30/11 3:08 am
VegasLAbound
on 12/30/11 3:17 am - Cleveland, OH
That would be awesome. I love to hear opinion sometimes opposed to fact because it's so interesting when people share their inner workings.
(deactivated member)
on 12/30/11 3:09 am
My take on this.

It's a stone calendar with limited space. They ran out of room. I know super simple compared to the intense hype and all but having grown up around people who always read "intent" into everything, on my own I've come to find that most of what we think other people intend, is generally not intended.

Some people go out of their way to cause grief and you'll know it when you encounter them, trust me.

At any rate, there are OTHER things out there predicting a similar date end as well, including some scientific stuff. I kind of half heartedly watched a lifetime show about it.

To me I'm a firm believer in what the Bible says. We will never know the date and time. I supposed on the 22nd of December, we'll know one way or the other

I do know this. I absolutely am not going to spend even 5 minutes thinking about it. I'm so happy with life right now and doing things I haven't done in decades, living is all I care about not dying. It'll happen and I won't be expecting it one way or the other.

prevsgcrys
on 12/30/11 3:16 am - OH
I had to chuckle when I read this..not just 2 days ago my best friend and I had this exact conversation...I myself think its a bunch of hopla! But on the other hand my best friend (who isnt crazy) she just has a whole different set of beliefs than I..I believing in GOD, she believes in Wiken (witch stuff) and mother earth, tarot cards i.e ..she has been researching this stuff and she thinks it may be true..
Me I am gona be one upset person...major surgery for nothing...lol
Who knows?
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views