New to all this

swarner0502
on 1/8/12 4:21 am - PA
VSG on 01/04/12
Hey everyone... i just had the sleeve on  wednesday 1/4/12... and im doing pretty good. i wanna know any secrets or good ideas for the coming months.. im on 20 years olds and new to all of this..help me :)) and im so happy i had this done i feel like it is life saving thing...

and also where do i get the weight lose trackers :)) 
Jenny C.
on 1/8/12 4:59 am
Congratulations and welcome to the losers' bench!  My best advice is not to focus on the scale early out.  Follow your surgeon's nutrition/exercise plan, and just let some time go by.  Pretty soon it will be five months since surgery and you will have lost a LOT of weight.  The three-week stall is likely to happen and should not be seen as ANY indication of failure.  Many of us lose in a stair-step kind of pattern...for me, that meant no loss for 7 to 10 days, then rapid loss of 4 or 5 pounds.  Some people are more regular in their loss, but you'll just have to see what your body does.

I believe if you go to Tools>Tickers and Widgets you can create a weight loss ticker.

Best of luck to you!
Jenny

swarner0502
on 1/8/12 5:06 am - PA
VSG on 01/04/12
thank you so much. im so excited to see what all this has in store for me.. i see the doctor again next monday and cant wait to eat some other foods besides liquids.. its not to bad.... is there any type of protien shakes that u perfer.. sometimes starting is the hardest part..
cbz1815
on 1/8/12 5:54 am
 Welcome!   No great tips but just do what your doctor says.   I liked Unjury Chocolate with a little Benefiber to keep me regular.   You will be amazed as the pounds start to drop.   I'm 7 weeks and I just lost 30 -- I'm thrilled.   I'm eating almost like a normal person (i.e. I can eat what I cook for the family just in a much smaller portion and without some of the carb sides).

Good luck!
 http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/1002835/tickers/cbz18154ffc4e0ad3061cc9a4a78b5c152e9570.png?1322016825
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views