painful/tight incision

muliebrity
on 1/8/12 12:22 pm - IN
I'm about 10 days out from surgery, and fortunately feel pretty good, except one incision. It looks different than all the others - almost like another belly button it's sewn so tight to my abdomen compared to the others. It doesn't look infected, but it does hurt a LOT to bend because of it. Has anyone else experienced an incision like this? I am going to call the dr. tomorrow, but I would feel better hearing some personal stories until then.

TheBiscuit
on 1/8/12 12:25 pm - TX
 That would be the incision they pulled the stomach through. The reason it hurts way more than the others is because there is a line of stitches underneath the skin, in the muscle layer. I had on and off again pain from that area for about a month after surgery. Some days it wouldn't bother me, then I'd turn a certain direction or pull on it and yikes! It's totally normal. The indentation that often looks like that "second belly button" will go away after you lose your tummy fat. I still look at mine and laugh at how strange it appears. 
muliebrity
on 1/8/12 12:27 pm - IN
That makes sense, especially since it's the largest incision by far. It does feel like it's sewn to the muscle. Glad to know I'm not completely crazy. :)
prevsgcrys
on 1/8/12 2:26 pm, edited 1/8/12 2:26 pm - OH
I was sleeved on 12/12 and I had the same thing, my nine year old daughter seen it and asked me " is that your new belly button"..if it wasnt for that darn spot I would have felt perfect..I am just now not feeling pain within the last couple days from the area..wearing my abdominal binder helped me sooo very much!  my surgeon also stated he stiched it up so tight to prevent a future hernia!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 150 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 423 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 442 views