Need smoothie advice...need to increase my VIt B !!

janielynne
on 1/8/12 7:12 am
My dr says that my Vit B1 is low.  I need some ideas for some green smoothies with veggies and fruit to increase my levels...

Any ideas woould be great...

Thanks

Jane

Ms Shell
on 1/8/12 8:06 am - Hawthorne, CA
I'm new to greenie smoothies but there is a WEALTH of information I just googled "foods high in vitamin b1" and got several different links.

With that said I have been making my morning protein shake.  I learned that "hiding" spinach in my chocolate shake I hardly noticed the difference.  Then I added 1 tablespoon of Flax Meal.  Then I added in a little Kale.

Last week I learned that to many greens made my shake kinda "chewy" with the pulp but all in all good.

This week I have on hand spinach, greens, and beet tops.  

My basic shake is

4oz Milk
Chocolate Protein Powder
40g Spinach
40g Kale
1 tablespoon Flax Meal
1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
Ice

Here is a thread from the lady DrHollywood who is really into green smoothies

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4477488/Green-Smoothie / 

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

2muchfluff
on 1/8/12 9:54 am
 How about just adding 2 tablespoons of  ground golden flax seed to whatever you are eating/drinking.  It is a good source of B vitamins as well as Omegas and high in fiber.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views