My Journey is Just Beginning...

Butterfly Mama
on 1/11/12 3:29 am
VSG on 11/01/12
Hello ya'll!
I am a LOOOONG time lurker and have made my decision.
I have done so much research and read so many stories, I have decided that getting the sleeve is the right choice for me.
I have been to my primary doctor and from her recommendation, have found a surgeon.
Tomorrow night Im going to a "mandatory" informational session and we'll see where we go from there.
Yay!!  I am so excited!

Btw, I love coming on here and reading the msgs ya'll post, earlier, I was laughing so hard I was crying here at work (Zumba and butt floss). 
Thank you ALL for the honesty and inspiration. ;)

Maureen K.
on 1/11/12 4:02 am
 Well welcome and congrats on your decision I know you won't regret it. You will find this place and these peeps are awesome just wishing you the best on your journey cheers 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Butterfly Mama
on 1/11/12 4:11 am
VSG on 11/01/12
Thank you for the welcome!
Yes, thats one thing I have noticed, most of the people on here seem great.

PrettyEyes_41
on 1/11/12 4:21 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
I'll give you a little bit of advice if I may. I'm still working on my 6 month mandatory medical weight loss program. Start that immediately with your family physician and get monthly weigh-ins if you insurance requires it. Call your insurance company and have them send you the requirements asap so you'll have that with you when you go see your surgeon. It took me months of waiting and getting the information session and doctor appointment scheduled. Then they didn't tell me my insurance required 6 months dieting but I found that out on my own and started it or I'd be months behind. Get that information if you can and arm yourself as soon as possible. Good luck and we'll be watching for you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 447 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 467 views