Still worried about insurance ugh

PkSteph
on 1/13/12 4:04 am, edited 1/13/12 4:07 am
Has anyone gotten approval from insurance after having some success on a program like WW where their BMI dipped below 35 (co-morbidity's) for the year? 

I'm trying to find weights for each of the five years and it has been tough!  I didn't have a regular doctor and we moved in the middle of that time. I've been going everywhere to find notations for each year... my doc now, primacare, carenow, an old doctor from the other town, the ER I went to after I broke my foot.

I can't find anything for the year 2009... I thought I did, but, I asked my old doc/primacare/carenow and they don't have any records from that year.  So, I call Dr. Kim's office and they say that might be ok for the insurance as long as the other years are above 35. (They were all over 40). Great! Hope it works...

Then I go trying to hunt down something from 2008. Ut-oh!  I went to WW from 2007 to March 2008 and lost about 55 lbs.... my bmi would have been around 32.  I fought my body for months trying to lose more and not gain. I remember stalling for months. In August of 2008 I broke my foot and went to the ER.  I just got back from the Medical records office with copies of my ER notes *sigh* . My weight was 191. 

My only chance is my old doctors office in my old town.  I have NO idea when I saw them that year or if I had gained at least 14 lbs....  I have a feeling I might get denied for being TOO successful and stubborn.  

That's probably why I didn't see a doc in 2009. I remember feeling embarrased and didn't want to go but I don't remember NOT going.  

Cindy22706
on 1/13/12 5:20 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
I didnt have 2007 and we submitted without it. When I asked my insruance coordinator lady what would happen since I didnt have it, she said that if they ask about it she will say that she submitted it and then make up a number.. lol.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 313 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views