Antidepressant Help

Little_Toto
on 1/14/12 8:20 am
Hi all -  I feel terrible that I haven't been on here for ages.  I need to give an update of my 1 year. That will come soon, promise.  For now, need some help figuring out a good antidepressant.  I'm currently on Bupropion (Wellbrutin) that makes me feel foggy, dopey, spacey.  I need something that makes me feel energetic, focused and motivated.

I'm able to get through the days, but I'd like to be more sharp, focused and energized. 

SW/CW/GW   224/140/135
5'2"  no pre-op diet

Alana_says_hi
on 1/14/12 8:26 am
RNY on 01/18/12
Have you tried Celexa ?
Little_Toto
on 1/14/12 8:28 am
No, I haven't.  And I'm also interested in hearing about all natural methods/remedies.
SW/CW/GW   224/140/135
5'2"  no pre-op diet

mawmawpenny
on 1/14/12 8:40 am - LA
I know finding an anti-depressant is hard. After I lost my son I had tried five different kind before I found the one that worked for me, it's lexapro. I also tried wellbutrin, with it I had stopped crying so much but still felt like I was just existing and not living.  I know everyone reacts differently to these medications but for me lexapro was a miracle pill. I was actually glad to be alive again. Good luck, I know it's a struggle until you can find the right one.

Penny
Jocelyn P.
on 1/14/12 8:52 am - San Antonio, TX
The welbutrin works on certain brain chemicals (i cant remember which ones).  The celexa or lexapro are SSRIs which work on seratonin.  I tried 4 different SSRIs (prozac, zoloft, paxil, lexapro)  before my doc switched me to the welbutrin. It does not affect me how you are describing. Different drugs do different things for different people.
Good luck finding one that works. I wish you well.

5' tall  HW209/SW194/CW153.4/GW140
It's never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot  

Laura2112
on 1/14/12 8:55 am - Austin, PA
 Work with your doctor to find something that works for you. Also using some sort of support will be very helpful too. There are online peer run support services at depression recovery groups.  depressionrecoverygroups.com
The ability to talk through what you are going through is a very important part of recovery from this and keeping it in check in the future.

5'2" HW: 282.2 SW 247.80 
DarleneR
on 1/14/12 10:29 am
I started on 20mg of Celexa about a month and a half ago.  It took me a few days to adjust to it but so far it has helped me tremendously.  I was having problems with anxiety, depression, and mild OCD.  I feel like a different person now that the medicine has kicked in.  This is my first experience with anti-depressants but so far I'm happy with the Celxa.

HW/SW/GW/CW
296/277/180/185.6
Mom4Jazz
on 1/14/12 10:49 am, edited 1/14/12 10:50 am
I'd suggest Lexapro or Celexa. I'm taking Lexapro and a low dose of Wellbutrin (150 mg). I take the Lexapro at night and Wellbutrin in the morning. They tend to offset each others' side effects.

I started this in December and for me there was a total turnaround in about 2 weeks. It was amazing.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Texasteacher68
on 1/14/12 10:55 am - TX
 I'm on Wellbutrin and Pristique(not sure that is spelled correctly). Together, they work great for me.

Most Active