they are comparing wls surg..on channel 2 cbs !!!!!

karenbarb
on 1/16/12 7:12 pm - Roselle, NJ
Revision on 01/18/12
is this an omen, the day b4 my day ??????  they mentioned, the STUPID BAND LOL.... and bypass, but didnt mention the sleeve b4 the commericial.....then they say......grrr. i gotta get in the shower....did anyone c it ??????

IT IS A NEVERENDING BATTLE, THAT I WILL NOT LOSE

karenbarb
on 1/16/12 7:43 pm - Roselle, NJ
Revision on 01/18/12
K.... I DIDNT MISS IT I GOT OUT OF THE SHOWER IN TIME...WILL POST WHEN I HEAR IT !!!!!

karenbarb
on 1/16/12 7:48 pm - Roselle, NJ
Revision on 01/18/12
what the hell !!!! they just said that bypass is better than the band !!!! nothing about sleeve mentioned AT ALLLLLL !!!!!

Britgal8888
on 1/16/12 9:15 pm - CA
VSG on 11/28/11 with
I saw that on the news and thought the same thing.  I think because the sleeve is a "newer" procedure they probably didn't mention it.  However, in time it will take over the band.  I love my sleeve.  Best thing I have done.
      LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers    

bigmama3
on 1/16/12 9:35 pm

In time, it will take over the bypass as well! 

CW - 125 (20 lbs. below goal)

VUUBUG
on 1/16/12 9:41 pm
VSG on 01/10/12
 I saw it, and it's all for television....I also went to that Dr.  When I was interested first in WLS, I went to one of his seminars....at the time, I was interested in the band.  I made an appointment with him for my consultation....but let me first tell you, during the seminar....HE WAS PUSHING the sleeve, and DS.
He did mention all options....but the sleeve was his most talked about.  At the time of my consultation...he was an ASS!! Pompas...instead of taking time to talk to me about my decision, he rushed me, and tried to rush me through the process....making sure I saw the pshyc and nut before I left....IN ONE DAY!  I wasn't even sure I wanted the surgery yet!!!  Felt very rushed, and non personal.....PS.....did more research, found a great group of DR's .....very happy I made the decision I did....was sleeved a week ago....THIS IS A PROCESS THAT NEEDS TO BE TAKEN SLOWLY....NOT RUSHED......The media chooses what they want to air

VUUBUG
on 1/16/12 9:44 pm
VSG on 01/10/12
 Oh let me add, I'm sure he is an excellent surgeon, and has a very good rep....that's why I went to hin in the first place...BUT, not a mix for my personality....I have to connect with my Drs 

FatReva
on 1/16/12 9:46 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/27/12
I saw that 'report' - it was an awful example of poor journalism. The reporter who put it together didn't ask any questions - he was just sensationalizing a study showing that bypass is more effective than banding.

Towards the end of the report, the reporter mentioned that bypass has a higher rate of "one particular complication" but didn't mention what that complication is... awful. It was uninformative and worthless!

Reva
cassieb113
on 1/16/12 11:31 pm
 Wow, what a totally crapstounding piece of journalism! I heard a rumer that Medicare would be reveiwing their decision to cover the VSG in February. Makes me wo der why this prlocedure was glossed over and no mention of the witch doctor procedure of plication. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 318 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 364 views