Met my goals for today, and odd realization

moonglo82
on 1/17/12 1:08 pm, edited 1/17/12 1:17 am
VSG on 03/29/12

I planned out my food for today in the health tracker last night, and I am proud to report that I stuck with it, calorie for calorie... except for one piece of cheese that I just had for a bedtime snack, which I need with my metformin.

Remember, I have not been sleeved yet:

Calores: 1300 (with that piece of cheese) * these numbers are approximate*
Protein: 40% of calories 120 grams
Fat: 30% 38 grams
Carbs: 30% 100 grams

So I need to work on upping the protein and lowering the carbs. But this was an adjustment for me, so I'm going to get used to this and then knock a few more carbs off, probably by next week.
My ultimate goal is to wean myself off the carbs so that when I get to the low carb preop diet that Aceves requires, I will pretty much be there anyways.

The really neat thing was that my blood sugar after lunch today, which was a protein shake, was 135. That's the lowest mid-day number I've had in months :) I can't wait to see what it looks like mid-day once i have been watching my carbs even more closely!

And here's the realization: the shake fills me up, even if I don't feel full. I had packed a Lean Cuisine in case I needed something else to eat at the end of the work day, after just having the protein shake for lunch (I figured if I didn't pack something, I would end up hitting the drive thru), and 3 hours after lunch I could not eat the lean cuisine- even though I thought I was hungry.

Time to up my fluids after lunch and see if that helps with what I thought was hunger pangs.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/12 2:31 pm
You did a great job today! Keep it up. My pre op diet was very similar to what you did today. I kept my calories a bit lower (but I was really pushing to lose the weight and knew it was temporary!). I think your carbs are fine for pre op. You are going to be so prepared by the time you have surgery post op is going to be a breeze for you. Just keep it up! Hope you are feeling GREAT about your success today!
moonglo82
on 1/17/12 11:09 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Thanks Karik!  I really appreciate all of the great advice and support that you and so many others here are giving me :)

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

gonersmom
on 1/18/12 2:05 am
Sounds like you are doing great! It's a day by day thing, not an overnight miracle. Such an easy concept, but such a difficult thing to really grasp!

Keep up the good work. You will rock your sleeve when the time comes.

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 284 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views