Lowest weight in 20 years

MsLove01
on 1/20/12 3:38 am - WA
I am just needing to talk outloud..not looking for advice really. My lowest weight in 20 years was 215 two years ago. I was doing HGC/Protein. I weight 215 for about a minute, then jumped back up to 220 and two years later was back at 253.

So I got on the scale this morning and I am 213. Now I am scared. I am doing most of what I am suppose to do, keeping my protein high, carbs low. I have hit a few stalls but seem to be able to get through them. So I know this is all in my head that I feel like I am done.

Everyone has had this day right? They have a weight that they have not been able to get past. Or like me, as soon as they reach it they start to sabatoge themselves. 40 lbs down and it is noticible. I have had to take in my clothes or buy 2nd hand. I am gettng attention from men everywhere. It is terrifying.
Marlene

trayb17
on 1/20/12 3:54 am
VSG on 01/05/12
I understand how you feel. Right before surgery I got under the 300lb mark and I was happy but I kind of freaked out and starting caving into old habits. I had to catch myself quickly. This whole weight thing for me is totally mental. I had to tell myself that getting into the 200's was definitely an accomplishment but in the grand scheme of things it was just the beginning of me moving toward my ultimate goal. I literally have to journal and use self talk all day long to tackle my mental blocks about my weight and everything that goes along with it on an emotional level.
MsLove01
on 1/20/12 4:42 am - WA
You are absolutley right, it is amazing how much of this is mental. It is so easy to hide behind food and being fat. You take those away and I feel exposed. I don't feel sick anymore..if I go out to dinner or a party i have to actually socialize instead of feeding my face. Instead of my having to chase the guys I like they are coming out of no where. And I am only at 40%..it's going to be a wild year!!

Thanks for listening!
Marlene

trayb17
on 1/20/12 5:51 am
VSG on 01/05/12
You're welcome and congrats on your accomplishments to date!
kimbethin
on 1/20/12 6:05 am - CA
I feel that!  For me it was 216!  I'm 190ish now, so you can get past it.  I'm considering seeing a counselor who specializes in weight issues.  The attention from men is an issue.  I remember thinking that only nice guys will be interested in me if I gain weight after a devastating breakup in my 20's.  Then I gained so much that I became unhealthy and invisible.  This time around I feel strong enough to handle that attention and old enough that I enjoy it without feeling too intimidated.  Just say a loud NO or STOP IT to your head when that negative scary voice starts.  Good luck!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views