Potein, Calories, Coffee, Gym, OH MY!

loveliveteach
on 1/30/12 1:12 pm

The closer I get to my surgery date the more questions I have.

My nutritionist has me keeping track of calories, fat, protein, and fiber. Anything else I should be checking out?

I want to try the "protein coffee" with decaf. What is the best protein powder to use? And any specific directions for making it? I think I read that you should mix it with something cool first so that it doesn't clump but not sure wha****er? milk?

And last but not least, I want to work the gym into my daily routine. I think the best time to do this, for me, would be at 5:30 am before work. Should I be having my protein coffee, or shakes before or after I work out?

Thank you for all your help :) 

My actual goal is to be happy & healthy....doesn't matter what number that lands on.      
HW 253  VSG 7/31/12 SW233 One day & one step at a time! 
Linda R.
on 1/30/12 1:50 pm - Prince George, Canada
VSG on 02/20/12
definetly mix with cold milk first as the hot will cause it to thicken.  Tried it with my oatmeal  and found that mixing with milk first is the best.

And I would do protein shakes prior to exercise as it is very sustaning.

Linda
loveliveteach
on 1/30/12 2:02 pm
Thank you for your help Linda!
My actual goal is to be happy & healthy....doesn't matter what number that lands on.      
HW 253  VSG 7/31/12 SW233 One day & one step at a time! 
happyteacher
on 1/30/12 8:12 pm
 Hey there :)

I put a chocolate based soy protein shake mix directly in the coffee and mix.  1/2 cup coffee, dump in the powder, stir, remaining coffee goes in.  No issues with it that way.  I have also dumped in the RTD version, but even if that is room temp it still cools my coffee down more than what I like.  I do mix protein with room temp liquid first if I add it to food or soup to help prevent clumping.  

Once upon a time I took a weight lifting class in college that started at 8 a.m.  We had to track everything in that class as far as weight lifted, reps, etc.  My roommate and I saw a clear correlation to the workout and skipping breakfast- like an insane correlation.  I would eat first for sure.  It was a truly great life lesson, as back then I would skip breakfast all the time.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Jamie_45
on 1/30/12 10:33 pm - CA
VSG on 01/09/12
I use the Premier Protein shakes from Costco/Sam's.  I find they mix perfectly with hot coffee and I don't have to worry about clumping or temperature.  Vanilla for Latte flavor and chocolate for Mocha flavor... yum!  Definitely drink your protein before working out!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views