Today I am going to do it.

happyteacher
on 1/31/12 7:40 pm
 Yesterday after my 6 week NUT appointment, different NUT, my numbers changed.  My protein was increased by a minimum of 8 grams and my calories decreased.  That is a tough combination for me.  The last few days I kept within the 600-800 calorie range, but hit the 800 a couple of times and no where near the new protein target.  Time to restart from square one.  I had been trying to get the protein from regular food, but it just isn't working out so well.  Now, back to drinking protein and using the Jarrow whey supplement.  

I am wondering if by having the wrong protein target given to me for the first 6 weeks if that may have resulted in a little less weight loss??

Just rambling this morning.  Hope everybody has a great day!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Happy966
on 1/31/12 8:40 pm

Your post illustrates what is so true for me - it's easier for me to add food to my plan than take it away!  I don't know what you exact protein goal is, but I think I do a little better loss-wise at 80+ g per day, as long as I keep the calories down.

I could probably get all my protein from regular food, but for now I'm still doing one supplement a day, in the morning, in my coffee.  I really enjoy it and it starts my day off with more protein than I could eat so early in the day.

My calories inch up when I add too many good foods that are higher in fat, but have the disadvantage of not satsifying my hunger.  Nuts and hard cheese are in that category.  These work well for some folks, I just know to feel satisfied, I want 2 oz of almonds.  I only buy them in the 100-cal packs, but I can eat two packs of almonds in just a few minutes and hardly tell any difference in my satisfaction level.  That's over 200 calories, for only 6 g of protein.  They're a wonderful food, but a scoop of Nectar Chocolate Truffle gives me 23 g of protein.  

So I'm very selective now when I eat them.  I usually save one pack for a night at the movies.  Then there are other good foods I love, but don't last in my tummy - like Greek yogurt, lo-fat tuna salad, or these amazing yummy ground chicken meatballs from Trader Joe's (you'd think they'd be perfect for me but I hardly notice I had lunch if I eat them).

What I have learned - for me - is that I need to be very careful with what I eat to get in my protein, manage my hunger, and stay around 700 calories.  This means I am focusing on 2-3 oz of lean meat and fish, eating those first, then some veggies.  I eat every 3 or 4 hours.  It took a while to figure out what worked for me, but I am just focusing on those foods for now.

Good luck!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Lori D.
on 1/31/12 9:33 pm
VSG on 01/11/12
 I'm frustrated because I don't seem to be losing as fast as I want to.  Maybe it's becasue I don't have any follow up-perhaps one of the main disadvantages to having my surgery in Mexico.  In 3 weeks, I've lost 17 lbs.  Most of that was in the first 10 days.  I'm not following up with a nutritionist (I am guessing that is was NUT is).  I'm plugging along and not really eating food yet-just protein shakes and supplements.  I'm hanging in there-perhaps it's because I am only trying to lose 60 pounds so I'm at 1/3 of my weight loss.  

Maybe I will try even more protein.

Good luck to you,
Lori

happyteacher
on 2/1/12 10:05 am
 Lori,

That is a ton of loss for a light weight!  I lost 21 pounds in month one, and at 6.5 weeks at 28.  And I have  a lot to lose.  Percentage wise you are doing awesomly well!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

faylavi
on 1/31/12 10:05 pm - Laurel, MD
I still drink one shake a day to meet my protein requirements. I am almost 1 year out and protein is still challenging without using shakes. Thankfully I dont mind the shakes.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

happyteacher
on 2/1/12 10:07 am
 I don't mind the idea of a shake a day, and it is looking like that will be the new normal.  I did make the goal today, 30 calories under and exceeded the minimum protein by 3 grams.  whew!  One day down and looking to replicate tomorrow!

My protein range is now 90-110.  I am working hard at hitting 90.  Oddly, 82 never seemed that hard but those few extra grams are rough!

faylavi
on 2/1/12 11:10 pm - Laurel, MD
Dont forge****ER...good luck!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views