What's the cure for COLD FEET????

KSqtpie
on 2/1/12 4:19 pm - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12

...AN APPROVAL!!!!!!   Yep, my records were submitted to UHC last Tuesday and 1 week later...BAM... APPROVED! I am in shock!!!! I thought I would be waiting at least  2-3 weeks, but the timing is probably as perfect as it could ever have been. I was starting to doubt my decision and starting to let the fear of the unknown take over. Self-sabatoge was rearing it's ugly head again and I was about to let it win. There was a little voice in my brain that was hoping for a denial...and that would be my excuse to chicken out. But there are powers above who know what's best for me more than I will ever know for myself, so I believe this approval is a blessing. A ticket to a new life...and for that I am humbled and forever grateful.

Thank you everyone for being so supportive this week when I was experiencing cold feet. I will say that today my feet are at least luke warm and are gearing up for the journey of a lifetime!

1london
on 2/1/12 5:58 pm
Congratulations!!!!  You will be so thrilled with your sleeve, try not to have fear.....it truly was the best thing I have ever done for myself and I was a self pay! :)
Best wishes

KSqtpie
on 2/2/12 11:42 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Thank you! I am very humbled and grateful for the opportunity for insurance. I have worked for my company for over 8 yrs and have rarely used the insurance, except for the routine checkup and dentist visits. So this is all new to me. I was fully prepared to be self-pay if necessary because I don't have a huge medical paper trail of obesity related issues, so i wasn't sure the insurance would approve me. I am extremely happy about the smooth process and am ready to move on to the next phase in my life...health and happiness!
katier825
on 2/1/12 6:16 pm
That is great! The start of a new (and much better) life! Read up as much as you can and there will be a lot less "unknowns" for you to worry about. Did you get a surgery date yet?
KSqtpie
on 2/2/12 11:46 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12

I appreciate your support! I have followed your story and always read your posts...you are truly an inspiration. I feel that OH came into my life for a reason...I would have never had this surgery without it. For the past 8 months, I have ready every post on the VSG board and I keep notes and bookmark like a crazy person. I feel prepared for the lifestyle changes postop and I don't think I will be surprised by much (knock on wood), but it's the fear of the unknown person that is underneath all this weight. The emotional side of this journey is going to be a lot more difficult for me. Luckily I have an awesome therapist. He's about to get an earful tomorrow morning...haha. Thanks again for everything!!!

katier825
on 2/2/12 5:47 pm
On February 2, 2012 at 7:46 PM Pacific Time, KSqtpie wrote:

I appreciate your support! I have followed your story and always read your posts...you are truly an inspiration. I feel that OH came into my life for a reason...I would have never had this surgery without it. For the past 8 months, I have ready every post on the VSG board and I keep notes and bookmark like a crazy person. I feel prepared for the lifestyle changes postop and I don't think I will be surprised by much (knock on wood), but it's the fear of the unknown person that is underneath all this weight. The emotional side of this journey is going to be a lot more difficult for me. Luckily I have an awesome therapist. He's about to get an earful tomorrow morning...haha. Thanks again for everything!!!

You've got a great attitude and it sounds like you're well on your way to a very successful journey!  The lifestyle changes become your new normal...it isn't as bad as we anticipate it to be.  Don't fear the "unknown person" underneath it all...chances are you will be a much happier, healthier, more confident person than you were before.  I was totally surprised about the level of self-confidence I gained.  It sky-rocketed!  No more hiding in the shadows for me!
DarleneR
on 2/1/12 8:14 pm
I was going to say socks but I think you have the better cure!  Congrats!!

HW/SW/GW/CW
296/277/180/185.6
KSqtpie
on 2/2/12 11:48 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Haha...I didn't even think about the title of my post being taken literally. That's funny. I guess I would have been intrigued too...I always have my footsies bundled up :)
happyteacher
on 2/1/12 8:28 pm
 Lol, I was going to post gankle socks...

The type of cold feet you have will change over to the physical kind after surgery- congrats on your approval!!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

KSqtpie
on 2/2/12 11:50 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12

Gankle socks?? I'm going to have to look those up! I'm always trying to find awesome ways to keep my feet warm.

Thanks!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views