In less than a week (DUN DUN DUUUNNN)....

Rosemary1031
on 2/1/12 8:28 am - Chula Vista, CA
VSG on 02/06/12

I'll be sleeved in less than a week, Monday Feb 6th (if all goes according to plan). This time next week, I'll likely be home asking myself wth did I do to my body, as most of you wondered those first few days. I'll have some pain, but I'll probably be oblivious to it considering I have a pretty high tolerance.

The first week of the liquid diet I was emotional and sensitive. Commercial music would make me want to cry. I was in mourning and I know that most of you know exactly what that felt like.

My life is going to change. As I learn this new discipline, I will begin to see changes in myself physically and mentally, and I hope that I will be strong enough for those things. There will be so many bridges to cross.

Though I'm jittery, I'm mostly very excited. It feels like I'm preparing for a space mission, really. This is uncharted territory, going where I've never been before, reaching what I hope will be the final frontier in this battle with my bulge. There were a few days where I was thinking it was more like being on death row because I was more focused on rational fears but they have subsided, thankfully.

Writing things like this down is cathartic. Walking and catching up on celebrity tabloids, something I've NEVER done before, seem to be helping me relax during this week leading up to my surgery.

What did you do to mentally prepare? How did you get over the jitters?

sweetishgirl
on 2/1/12 8:58 am - Colorado Springs, CO
I will be praying for a speedy recovery for you!  I am considering having the surgery also. PLEASE keep me posted! 
pandlmomma
on 2/1/12 8:58 am
My surgery is schedule for 2/21 and I was starting to freak out.  I have anxiety so I was super worried about that.  Now I just keep saying in my head "I'm gonna be skinny, I'm gonna be skinny :)"
kahlana
on 2/1/12 9:00 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
I'm almost a week out now and I have to admit i didn't really get the jitters. I don't know if it's because I have been through surgery before, because I have been through surgery with this surgeon before, or because of all the research I did about the procedure and life afterward. I just knew when I went in I was calm and totally at peace with my decision. Sorry i know that's not much help, but sometimes cleaning things like crazy helps me when I am upset or jittery.

My Blog My Facebook

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 175 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 450 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 474 views