Hi...Brand new to group..

RXTEK320
on 2/2/12 11:18 pm - lynbrook, NY
Hi everyone..I just joined this group and am hoping that I will gain some more friends with people who have had or are going through the process for the gastric sleeve surgery..I just went back to my surgeon Dr. Rajeev Vohra on wednesday and because all the steps are completed..they moved up my surgery date which was originally set for March 6th to February 21st..a little over 2 weeks away..I just started Optifast today and am super excited..Please correspond and let me know where you are who your surgeon is/was and your experiences so far...God Bless You all on this fantastic journey to our new lives...Kim...
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/12 11:33 pm - CA
Welcome! I have been very pleased with my sleeve. It's not the "easy way" out, but it works if you work it! Good Luck!
PrettyEyes_41
on 2/2/12 11:34 pm, edited 2/2/12 11:36 pm - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
WELCOME!! I am in MS and do not have a surgery date yet due to an insurance requirement of a mandatory medically managed 6 month diet. I'm in month 4 and doing pretty good but can't wait for my sleeve. Like everyone else here I've joined to make new friends who are going through the same experience and get as much knowledge from those who've had their sleeve as I can. I hope this extra knowledge will make mine more of a success and in the couple of months I've been on here I've gained a ton of knowledge! Everyone here is great and will help with any questions you may have. I suggest you just start reading and go back through as many posts as possible. Congratulations on an upcoming surgery date - that is awesome. I look forward to getting to know you and hearing your success story! My BMI is only 39.5 but I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol and the beginnings of high sugar. I want to be around for a long time to enjoy my kids and grandkids and that is the inspiration for my journey. What's yours? And again, WELCOME!!

Gale
PrettyEyes_41
on 2/2/12 11:35 pm - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
happyteacher
on 2/2/12 11:40 pm
 Welcome aboard Kim!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

felicity2u
on 2/2/12 11:49 pm - LA
Welcome! Get ready for the ride of your life.   I love my sleeve and thank God every day that I had the chance to get it.  It has not been easy but I can honestly say it saved my life.  Can't wait to help you along your journey.  Good luck to you!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

AmberK
on 2/3/12 12:05 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Welcome! I am in Texas and I am going to have surgery in July. I am a teacher so I am waiting till then. I love this site because of all the great help everyone here has to offer. Good luck on you journey! 
gonersmom
on 2/3/12 12:05 am
Welcome and Best wishes! There are a lot of great veterans out here who have good advice and have traveled this journey for several years. Listen to them!

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
A2Z_Mom
on 2/3/12 12:09 am - Ellisville, MO
VSG on 04/09/12
Welcome! I just joined as well. I look forward to going through this journey with others just like me - tons of great real advice from veterans who have been-there-done-that... I do not have a surgery date yet - hoping for end of March.

Jennifer H.
on 2/3/12 12:17 am - TX
VSG on 01/17/12
Welcome aboard!! I am very "young" on my journey, so I don't have much sage advice. I am enjoying my sleeve thus far, and I only expect it to get better from here on out!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 84 views