How long does this last?

BigBach
on 2/11/12 10:32 pm - MI
 I had surgery Jan. 25th.   I was of a "low BMI" so the doctor told me he was able to give me a smaller sleeve.   They have done 2 upper GIs and nothing has been found.   Yet I am still nauseated and trying to vomit up foamiest at least 4 to 5 times a day.  I can't even tolerate protein drinks anymore.  How long will this last, the doctor says it's all normal.   But I feel it's not.  What to do, I am desperate to feel better.
BJUpNorth
on 2/11/12 10:49 pm - MN
I am so sorry that you are having problems. And NO, IMHO I don't think it is right that you are still nauseated and trying to vomit. The only time that I had those feelings were in the beginning when I took my vitamins on an empty stomach or ate too much. Are you taking any kind of acid reducer? That may help.

If things don't get better, I would maybe get a second opinion. Hope you feel better soon.

Brenda

BigBach
on 2/11/12 10:53 pm - MI
 I am taking prilosect and a colate?  a pink stomach coating liquid he gave me twice a day.   I am feeling so much regrett for having this proceedure I have two small kids and it has rocked my home life to say the least.  I would do anything just to be back to normal
landdnurse2
on 2/11/12 11:01 pm - Midwest City, OK
You are still swollen. Are you still on liquids only? Eat jello, drink your fluids.The pink stuff is liquid carafate and it helps to heal your stoma*****isions, internally.
The prilosec is to reduce your stomach acids and the colace is to keep your bowel movements soft.

HW 321 (9/08) SW 312 (1/11)  Pre-op 280 (11/1) Surgery 270 (12/11)
BigBach
on 2/11/12 11:09 pm - MI
 So this can be considered normal, please tell me this because I feel like I have done major damage to my body that I will never be able to take back. And my husband and children are now going to have to pay the price for.  I feel terribly guilty for this.     I can eat pureed things  like scrambled eggs, yogurt, pudding.   It is still swollen from the the Jan. 25Th?    Thank you so much.
thisbe777
on 2/11/12 11:09 pm
it's still pretty ear;ly out -- you are still very swollen in there....  are you on liquids?  i was on clears for 4 weeks post op, and i had really bad foamies early out....  had to carry a quart mason jar around with me....   mostly had to do with trapped air in little stomach....

just take small sips and try not to swallow air....  and hang in there

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

landdnurse2
on 2/11/12 11:17 pm - Midwest City, OK
It is good to follow your doctor's plan. If you don't feel good with advancing one new food a day you can always go back to full liquids.
Do you feel any different on the temperature of the liquids you ingest?

HW 321 (9/08) SW 312 (1/11)  Pre-op 280 (11/1) Surgery 270 (12/11)
BigBach
on 2/11/12 11:22 pm - MI
 No difference really with the temps.   The solids stay down much better than the protein drinks.   just the smell of them makes me nauseated.
Anne D.
on 2/11/12 11:29 pm
First I would ask the doctor for some meds for nausea. As far as not tolerating protein drinks, I couldn't tolerate a lot of things early out. I could not stand anything even slightly sweet, and most smells of food nauseated me. With time this will pass. It's easy to get feeling down when you are nauseated. I would try to drink some warm tea, in whatever flavor sounds good to you. Also maybe a tiny bit of chicken broth, and keep hydrated. Sometimes dehydration can make you nauseated. Relax, take care of yourself and heal. In time you will feel better. Good luck, take care.

jule R.
on 2/12/12 12:01 am
VSG on 01/31/12 with
if your able to do purees then try mixing blueberries with either your protien or just making a shake- my NUT told me that blueberries and protein help the healing inside   Hope this helps & that it gets better for you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views