10 days out, haven't lost in 4 days :(

mommy794
on 2/16/12 2:29 am

I KNOW I shouldn't be weighing and I have lost 15 total with the pre op and what I did lose the 1st week, It's just alittle frustrating... and I know my body is in shock and trying to hold on to what it has for dear life...but still annoying!!! Any tips or advice? I guess I was under the delusion I'd be a fast loser LOL

newme2011-2012
on 2/16/12 2:35 am
Usally when I stalled I was losing inches. My first stall was 12 days long , then weight just fell off over night. And just so you are prepared it WILL happen again.
Hang in there ..as long as you are following the plan the weight will come off.

Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Cindy22706
on 2/16/12 2:37 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
I woudlnt be to worried about it. I am 8 days out and I havent lost in the last 2 days. Our bodies just went through major surgery, its still recooperating. Just hang on. Your weight loss is right around mine! I lost 10 preop and 8 in the first week. Cool!
SassyItalian
on 2/16/12 2:40 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Youre going to drive yourself crazy!  Get the scale out of your house for a few weeks.

You were morbidly obese for X amount of years. It not gonna change over night. And there is no rush.

So, even though you already know this..im gonna say.. BACK AWAY FROM THE SCALE.

There are 10000 reasons why your scale may not have moved. Just follow your plan and in a a few months you will feel like a new you.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

carmel_253
on 2/16/12 2:40 am - NY
The best advice is to stop weighing yourself several times a day.  It will drive you crazy and frustrate u more.  The best advice I got from this board is to pick a day of the week and only weigh yourself on that day.  Best of luck to you. 

BTW I don't own a scale for that very reason. 

Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting.  So....get on your way! - Dr. Seuss            
month 1-14  month 2 - 12
buttercupnectar
on 2/16/12 3:08 am
That is the advice that I took from this board.  I sometimes slip and weigh myself extra days but usually because I can feel water weight and want to see what is going on.  Once a week I have to do B-12 injections and that is the day that I weigh as well.  I have had 2 stalls in the 8 weeks since my surgery and as frustrating as that seems I always lost a significant amount the following week.  It is falling off and I can't wait for twonderland

mommy794
on 2/16/12 2:40 am
Ya, I know it will come, I'm just impatient LOL. Heck I'm thinking I should go back to work next week instead of the next! It doesn't help that I'm bored as HELL! 

goingforit1
on 2/16/12 3:01 am
VSG on 02/04/12 with
I'm so glad you posted this!! I lost 10 preop, 10 the first week and I've stayed exactly the same weight since then (6 days)!

I've heard of the 3 week stall but ONE WEEK stall?? Oh phooey!

I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. I told myself I wouldnt weigh every day but I really want to know the exact day I get to Onederland! Lol

I can't imagine this stall can last too much longer,especially since I started back at the gym yesterday. Hang in there. It'll be interesting to see when it breaks for both of us!
RyanJS
on 2/16/12 3:09 am - CA
VSG on 02/21/12 with
My surgery is next Tuesday and for this very reason I put my scale in the trunk of my wife's car. I told her to take it out on my designated day and then put it back in her car. It was driving me nuts not seeing the scale go down when I was really trying hard. I do not have the will power to stay off the scale daily yet. BUT I WILL!

I have followed this during my pre-surgery journey. I am now down 50lb's. I will continue this after surgery as well.

Heaviest Weight: 330 Goal Weight: 175 Current Weight: 150
"Hit Goal in 3 1/2 Months!!!"
"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"
"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

mommy794
on 2/16/12 3:14 am
Lesson learned... the scale is NOT our friend for awhile... I mite have to take mine and have my husband hide it somewhere so I just weigh when I go to the Dr.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 313 views